At Vercel, we are building an open-source developer tools platform that enables developers to build and iterate on the web without sinking time and money into DevOps. We are a remote-first and globally distributed team, and we want to shape the future of the web by making cloud computing accessible to everyone. Our philosophy is based on the principles of learning, collaboration, transparency, experimentation, and passion.
- We are goal-driven and dedicated
- We use our own tools every day
- We thrive together with our community
- We are customer-obsessed
- We believe in people's ability to grow
As a Senior Compensation Analyst, you will be a key part of the Global People team serving as the primary point of contact for leaders in all functions. You will play a major role in supporting all compensation related decision making across our compensation programs, new hire offers and competitive situations. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical, comfortable with ambiguity and look for creative ways to solve problems. We are a highly analytical team, and we are looking for someone who will thrive in our fast paced and collaborative culture. This position will report to the Senior Director of People & Talent.
- Conduct market compensation analyses to ensure internal equity, external competitiveness, and alignment to the company’s compensation philosophy
- Manage the semi-annual compensation review programs across the organization
- Manage and administer our compensation platform, Kamsa, which provides access to global market data and runs routine compensation reviews.
- Advise People team members and leaders on compensation related matters such as new hire offers, promotions, transfers, and top talent retention.
- Develop and assess compensation structures, salary ranges, job families/position levels, and conduct job evaluations and market pricing.
- Conducting job analyses to match positions against market survey positions.
- Coordinate and improve compensation processes across the organization (e.g., annual compensation reviews, equity grant program).
- Develop manager and employee compensation communication materials.
- Identify compensation related issues and propose solutions and recommendations.
- Develop creative methods for compiling, preparing, and communicating data to fast growing and emerging tech companies.
- Have a proactive approach to identifying and implementing trends and “next” practices.
- Experience in compensation, finance, or a related analytical field, including benchmarking studies/competitive analysis and modeling
- 5+ years of experience in broad-based compensation preferred
- Familiarity with sales compensation approaches and concepts (e.g., pay mixes, acceleration, quotas, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data with exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated analytical skills including the ability to create and maintain complex spreadsheets
- Able to manage a variety of projects and to effectively handle short notice assignments
- Ability to learn quickly and think independently
- Exceptional verbal, written and social skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment across multiple time zone
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style - 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow - we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO - 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you with the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.