Head of Employee Relations
Asana is looking for a Head of Employee Relations. In this role, you will lead Asana’s strategy and programs for employee relations. You will play a critical role in developing ER best practices, coaching and development of current and future Asana leaders and managers. You will be partnering closely with our HR Business Partners, our Legal team and managers across the organization. This role is part of our People team and will report directly to our Head of Growth and Impact.
The People Team at Asana works to enable all Asanas to achieve our goals as a company in a way that is consistent with our values. We recruit, develop and retain exceptional people of diverse backgrounds. Our goal (and your mandate) is to ensure that all Asanas are thriving, maximizing their impact and growing. All of this is in service of our mission: Help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
We think of Employee Relations as key to ensuring that Asanas are thriving and this role will be tasked with building a function with that mandate at its core. We want this work to be closely aligned with our commitment to leading consciously.
What you’ll achieve
- Create scalable, global ER strategies and programs for the business. From thinking through ER-related processes to creating the workflow for how Employee Relations will collaborate with the other people team functions. You will not only be hands-on in working through employee relations issues, but you will also be creating the framework for how we work through them.
- Drive evolution of company programs to support employee law requirements: Use your subject matter expertise to review, assess and evolve our current ER policies and practices to help resolve any complex or unique ER-related issues across the organization. You'll make recommendations and improvements that align with Asana's overall culture and values to ensure we are promoting equitable practices, while also mitigating risk to the organization.
- Take the lead on investigating highly sensitive employee relations issues: You’ll conduct interviews with employees that have filed a complaint, as well as interview those who may be considered witnesses, and make objective recommendations based on your findings.
- You will help coach and develop leaders at Asana by partnering with Learning & Development and our Legal team to build an Employee Relations training program to enable both managers and People Team members. You’ll create best practice strategies, and provide coaching and feedback to Asanas, to ensure a positive and effective employee experience. You will conduct one-on-one and broader trainings with managers and employees around how to handle employee relations issues, investigations, and performance management.
- Use data to identify employee relations trends: You’ll leverage metrics to diagnose organizational effectiveness and proactively develop the training and process improvements for prevention.
- 10+ years of employee relations or HR business partner experience in a high growth, fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence and impact multiple levels within an organization to drive holistic ER strategies
- Successful record of creating, improving and executing programs at scale, ability to drive and measure program effectiveness and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ability to strike a balance between strategic partnership-building and rolling up your sleeves
- A deep sense of empathy and understanding for the needs of diverse groups of people
- Ability to challenge openly and have difficult conversations
- Comfort with interpreting and using people data to tell a story and translating it into actionable strategy
- A passion for advocating for others, speaking up even when it’s difficult, and seeing others accomplish their goals
- Expertise in building trusting relationships with leaders at all levels
- A passion for seeing others grow through coaching, mentoring, and career development
Asana enables millions of teams around the world to achieve their goals together, from small projects to strategic initiatives. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace by Fortune, Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Built In for our inclusive culture that drives business results. After spending more than two years physically distanced, we're safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, adding more flexibility to our office-centric hybrid culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.