At Vercel, we are building an open-source developer tools platform that enables developers to build and iterate on the web without sinking time and money into DevOps. We are a remote-first and globally distributed team, and we want to shape the future of the web by making cloud computing accessible to everyone. Our philosophy is based on the principles of learning, collaboration, transparency, experimentation, and passion.
- We are goal-driven and dedicated
- We use our own tools every day
- We thrive together with our community
- We are customer-obsessed
- We believe in people's ability to grow
About the Sales Engineering Team:
The Vercel Sales Engineering Team enables the power of our advanced platform to be realized by frontend teams working on pioneering digital projects around the globe. We leverage our deep experiences in web development and Internet infrastructure to provide pre-sales guidance for enterprises who are moving to the most developer-friendly platform in the world. Sales Engineers play a key role in our Sales process by working with Account Executives to plan, prepare and complete strategic deals in complex sales cycles, with a focus on value-based selling. You will find a collaborative environment at Vercel, where everyone brings different strengths from a variety of backgrounds, and jumps in to help one another improve and accomplish our goals.
About the Role:
What You Will Do:
- Provide technical support to the sales team, prospects, and customers throughout the entire sales cycle
- Share your expertise in Vercel's platform, solutions, and services and how they can be applied to solve business needs
- Develop and present demonstrations of the Vercel solutions
- Manage and run PoCs, guiding measures of success and towards relevant outcomes
- Respond to Security Documents, coordinating with other internal specialist teams
- Respond to RFPs and other required formal written responses for sales opportunities
- Serve as an interface to Product and Engineering teams, representing Voice of Customer
- You focus on learning, guiding, collaboration, mentorship, and growth
- You have a passion for people development an accurate mental model of how our technology works and you can quickly build a rapport and become a trusted advisor
- You can transform jargon into a cogent narrative relating to the specific needs of a wide range of people, from frontend developers to IT managers and enterprise C-levels
- You are able to weave together discussions about business benefits, strategic value, and technical efficacy with the ability to envision, create and develop custom demos
- You understand how to lead a project, work to deadlines, and prioritize between competing demands
- You possess strong technical skills, ideally from software development experience or previous pre-sales experience
- You are an expert in internet technologies: TCP, DNS, HTTP(S), TLS
- You’re aware of the broader technical ecosystems, including Headless CMS, Media, payments, eCommerce, Analytics, etc.
- You’re experienced with load and performance testing for enterprise web applications
- You understand standard methodologies in enterprise network architecture and security
- You have 3+ years of proven experience in a customer-facing sales or consulting role
Bonus If You:
- Deployed Next.js applications to a production environment
- Worked on teams self-hosting Next.js on their Kubernetes (k8s) cluster
- Earned Cloud Solutions Architect Certifications
- Engaged with platform security & privacy regulatory standards like PCI DSS, HIPAA, and SOC-2
- Attained an Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style - 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow - we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO. We recommended taking at least 4-weeks per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you with the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.