The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Field Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving adoption, pipeline and revenue growth for MongoDB products through an integrated field marketing plan in your region. You’ll target enterprise accounts and specific verticals by running field programs to fill the funnel and accelerate deals to close. Key responsibilities include planning, organizing, and executing events, field marketing, and account based marketing programs that generate new prospects and advance existing opportunities.
You’ll partner with sales, account-based marketing, partner marketing, and demand generation stakeholders to ensure all marketing programs accelerate the sales cycle and improve conversion to customers. You are a data and results driven marketer, a team player, and able to roll up your sleeves and get the job done!
This role can be based out of our Boston, Toronto or Montreal offices or remotely in those regions or Connec.
The role will report into the Sr. Manager, Field Marketing East.
Our ideal candidate for this role will have the following
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of event planning experience and account management/marketing experience in a technology company
- Experience with account based marketing a plus
- Highly results-driven with strong analytical ability
- Experience working cross functionally with sales or customer success teams
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and experience producing marketing emails, web copy, sales enablement kits, etc
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite/Google Suite for Business
- Familiarity with CRM, Marketing Automation and Data systems; Salesforce, Eloqua and Tableau experience
- Time management, prioritization, and organizational skills are key
- Ability to shift priorities and help other team members as needed
- Good humor and positive, can-do attitude is required
- Closely integrate with regional Account Executives, supporting the needs of their territory and executing regional marketing strategies
- Understand specific challenges of strategic accounts, discover the decision-making process and key personas in the organization to support programming
- Develop end-to-end marketing programs across multiple enterprise accounts, for example scalable programs
- Conduct market research and evaluation to understand regional and account opportunities
- Understand the needs of an emerging market and develop programs and campaigns to drive top of funnel awareness and bottom funnel conversions
- Work in collaboration with the ABM, Demand Generation, Partner Marketing and Field Marketing teams to create and execute an account based marketing and lead generation plan that delivers significant inbound, qualified leads and pipeline growth for enterprise accounts
- Work with Events team to coordinate “MongoDB local” programs from end to end within region
- Ensure consistency of company priorities through brand strategy and messaging in materials and communication
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams when creating new and updating existing materials, presentations and/or preparing for marketing activations
- Communicate and educate the sales team regarding new and planned marketing activities including global, regional, and local programs
- Support the go-to-market and co-marketing plans for accounts
- Ensure performance and ROI are tracked, and support processes set up to effectively measure outcomes
- Work closely with the xDR teams to ensure rigorous follow up of all marketing leads across your region
- Support our flagship event, MongoDB World
- Flexible working environment through at least September 2021
- When travel resumes, up to 30-50% travel to domestic markets
The Field Marketing Manager will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities
- In 3 months you’ll have fostered a relationship with your regional Account Executives, understand their top target accounts, begin planning field marketing opportunities, and begin to analyze regional campaign performance.
- In 6 months you’ll have a clear understanding of your key objectives, have executed pipeline acceleration events, and have started to become a trusted partner to your field marketing colleagues, sales leaders and manager.
- In 12 months you’ll have fostered relationships across internal MongoDB teams and have executed both strategic and scalable ABM programs, co-produced partner events leveraging the MongoDB partnership ecosystem, leveraged data to make informed decisions to ensure tremendous ROI on field marketing executed programs, maintained flawless documentation and reporting of all programs to ensure success, and have a stake in future programming.