Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Growth Marketing team at Airbnb is at the intersection of marketing, product, engineering and data science. Our work has a large impact on Airbnb’s business. The ideal candidate for this position will be entrepreneurial and independent but also incredibly effective at collaborating with cross functional partners. She or he should be data driven, product savvy, curious and comfortable taking informed risks and testing hypotheses. This role will decide where and how to spend incremental marketing dollars for the most impact.
- Responsible for defining global product strategy (for search marketing) such as executing automated bidding, building systems for millions of keywords, audience building and landing pages
- Collaborate with product, engineering and data science partners to build and run experiments and utilize in-house ad technology.
- Partnering with data science, product, engineering and design, lead the ideation and execution of product improvements which can drive growth
- Define use cases which can lead to product changes
- Identify growth opportunities based on data mining and quantitative analysis, and execute on ideas to drive growth, traffic and engagement.
- Understanding the business trends based on data and communicating it in simplified ways with clear actions
- Working with finance to define forecast
- Communicating business trends, experiments results to finance, country managers, stakeholders and executives
Growth Marketing Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead SEM strategy for both Guest and Host based on global and regional KPIs.
- Manage performance metrics and budget tracking while sharing learnings cross functionally.
- Partner with Host business, policy and brand marketing teams to ensure accurate and effective market-specific messages and campaign flighting.
- Represent Growth Marketing with business stakeholders across multiple orgs.
- Serve as central point of contact for regional marketing agencies, including defining scope of work, negotiating contracts and overseeing overall relationships at the most senior level.
- Report to the Global Head of SEM and support the continuous improvement on strategy, plans, and processes for the entire Growth Marketing Org.
What we’re looking for:
- 9+ years of Paid Search experience; high growth start-up or travel/hospitality experience is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience with SQL, tableau or other programming languages.
- 5+ years of quantitative analysis experience.
- Experience successfully managing SEM campaigns against aggressive ROI and growth goals
- Previous work running advertising effectiveness experiments including A/B, geographic and time-based experimentation
- Big, bold thinking with a track record of developing creative/innovative solutions
- Experience working in a global team and collaborating across multiple geographies
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with experience communicating insights and ideas
- Passion for all things Airbnb. Experience hosting on the site is a huge plus!
- Humble (doesn’t assume knows everything), curious, learner
- Sees obstacles as challenges, persistent, has “grit”
- Comfortable with uncertainty and change
- Doesn’t leave things to random chance
- Challenges the status quo
- Able to convince others about the value of spending a dollar in their region vs another region
- Understands how all channels work together within the bigger program (email, SEO, other acquisition channels)
- Thinks frameworks/structures/systems
- Communication, collaboration, project management:
- Cross functional work with multiple stakeholders, internal and external
- Can speak other people’s language (engineering, data science, product, etc.)
- Convincing, persuasive, can explain complex things in easy way
- Data, analytics, problem solving:
- Comfortable with data
- Understands incrementally, how to measure it and various tradeoffs
- Understands A/B testing and experimentation
- Asks the right questions, describes their process
- Understands the process end-to-end and can pinpoint potential pitfalls
- Technical skills:
- Interested how stuff works under the hood
- Technical curiosity
- Self-sufficient for most data/analysis (or knows how to ask the right questions).
The starting base pay for this role is between $150,000 and $190,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.