The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB, we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We're looking for a dynamic and talented Manager of Corporate Sales who will be responsible for building and leading a team of CAEs that identify, qualify and close sales opportunities in India. The role focuses on leadership, development, and the execution of Corporate Sales goals.
We are remote optional through April 4, 2022 afterwards this role will be in-office in our Bengaluru office long-term.
- Attract, Hire and Retain high performing Corporate Account Executives via all channels available (internal, external, self)
- Drive a high performance, high accountability culture to achieve and exceed sales goals
- Provide strong coaching and mentoring through a deep understanding of the inside sales role, our business model, and our sales methodology; This includes coaching on territory planning (including prospecting methods, development of CAE’s pillars to success) all the way through deal support across each stage of the sales cycle
- Support your direct reports by participating in client and prospect calls/meetings (including listening to calls to customize coaching to the CAEs as well as support deal development and closing through active participation to sales calls)
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings with each CAE to inspect transactions in play and consolidate an accurate forecast; The forecast review is also the opportunity to provide coaching on deals (development and closing)
- Provide timely and accurate forecast to senior management based on a deep understanding of deals in play but also based on overall business trends (# transactions in play, $ pipeline in play, Average Sales Price, Time to close, conversion ratios and historical trends)
- Collaborate with Marketing and define sales strategies to build and develop pipeline based on the coverage needed
- Develop and own Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the sales team, consistently monitor the sales activity of the team, track the results and drive team execution based on those metrics
- Analytical mindset able to both identify gaps in the sales cycle but also gaps in the business plan
- Define and execute on creative and innovative techniques to drive results
- Represent the needs of your team cross-functionally to drive performance
- Ensure your team consistently leverages our sales methodology to qualify and manage opportunities as quickly, efficiently, and independently as possible
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of MongoDB’s offerings and the industry as a whole
- Drive discipline and operational excellence in inside sales with the tools available to us, this includes data cleanliness in SFDC
- Provide a high level of visibility and transparency to senior management
About the Sales Culture
MongoDB is always developing and innovating — not only in our technology but also in our sales go-to-market strategy. Our sales leadership is committed to building the best salesforce in technology. This means, inspiring and enabling success for everyone on the team. We not only equip you to be successful and close deals, but we want your feedback and input on how we can continue to “Think Big and Go Far.” As a crucial part of the Sales team at MongoDB, you will have access to a lucrative market and learn how to sell from some of the most successful sales leaders in the software industry.
Things we love
- Passionate about growing your career in the largest market in software (database)
- Previous experience using a proven Sales Methodology (e.g. MEDDICC, SPIN, Challenger Sales)
- Familiarity with databases develops and open source technology a plus
- Passionate about creating open sales cultures with a belief in regular 2-way feedback
Why join now
- MongoDB invests 8x the industry average in the development of each of our new hires & continuous career development
- Focus on Sales Excellence through use of MEDDICC and Command of the Message, including our comprehensive Sales Bootcamps and development programs
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Generous and competitive benefits (parental leave, fertility & wellbeing support)
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture - Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB,
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
"MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer."