The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB has been named one of the best places to work by Crain’s New York, Glassdoor, and Forbes.
About the role:
The Growth Experimentation Engineer/Strategist will be a part of the Experimentation team that sits within the Growth Marketing organization at MongoDB. This individual will primarily be focused on supporting the technical aspects of the experimentation program which includes the building of web based growth experiments, A/B tests, personalization campaigns, CMAB campaigns, and new feature rollouts; as well as maintaining and upgrading our testing tools and infrastructure. In addition to these technical responsibilities, it is also expected that this individual will act as a strategic consultant within the Growth Org that can leverage their subject matter expertise to advise their peers in the development of sound strategies, tactics, and operating processes that lead to effective and impactful experimentation motions. If you’re an engineer that loves designing and building experiments but also has an affinity for strategy and process development this is the role for you!
This role can be based out of our New York City office or remotely in North America.
- Works directly with Experimentation Lead to analyze core business problems/challenges and craft testable solutions that drive iterative improvements and learnings
- Will work with the Experimentation team and Web development teams to source, plan, and execute experiments, and multi layered personalization campaigns focused on driving business outcomes in these areas:
- Paid acquisition
- Organic acquisition
- Funnel optimization
- New feature exploration
- Registration conversion
- Product activation
- Collaborates with the Growth squads to develop effective CRO strategies and tactics that align directly with their goals
- Educates peers on core concepts of effective experimentation, including but not limited to: user problem discovery, hypothesis writing, statistical methods, idea prioritization, etc.
- Engages as a technical consultant, providing web development expertise, measurement plan recommendations, and insights based on test results data
- Communicates thoroughly and sets clear expectations with stakeholders and peers
- Updates internal documentation to help improve internal technical processes and knowledge sharing related to experimentation
- Offers ideas and provides feedback to help grow and scale the experimentation program and it’s capabilities
- Can quickly validate concepts by choosing the cheapest and most effective route to MVP versus over-engineering
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be capable of learning new technical concepts quickly, regularly, and be able to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Must have high attention to visual detail, can interpret specifications, can communicate detailed instructions, and can recognize edge cases that need to be addressed
- Experience working within an experimentation focused team or pod
- Knowledge of A/B and multivariate experimentation on the Web
- Experience developing and executing experimentation programs for Growth Marketing teams
- Has worked professionally in modern web-development libraries (React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- Comfortable building experiments across a variety of different front-end frameworks and libraries, as well as APIs
- Familiarity with reporting & analytic tools such as Amplitude, Segment, Tableau, Google Analytics
- Has experience building experiments within common CRO platforms such as Optimizely, VWO, Google Optimize, AB Tasty, or Adobe Target
- Has experience building out multi-tiered Personalization campaigns within common CRO platforms
- Experience working fully remote
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of statistical principles related to experimentation
- Experience building web experiments in Optimizely
- Experience building Personalization campaigns
- Experience using MAB/CMAB testing applications (e.g. Intellimize, MutinyHQ)
- Experience building experiments in full-stack testing applications (e.g. React)
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Slack, Zoom, Github, and POSTman
- Experience using Airtable
- Experience with tag managers (GTM)
- Experience with accounting for different browsers and devices for experiments
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.