We’re looking for an Internal Audit IT Lead to join our team as a newly public company. You will partner closely with Finance, Enterprise Technology, IT, Engineering, Legal, People, and other cross-functional teams to influence & drive results for a wide array of business initiatives. You will take a lead role in planning, organizing, and executing IT audits throughout the Company with guidance from the Head of Internal Audit & SOX.
You'll be responsible for managing all aspects of our IT SOX Compliance audit program, as well as participating in operational reviews and efforts to drive automation and digital transformation efficiencies. In addition, you will provide strategic assistance in the development of integrated systems designed to help manage and monitor potential areas of risk, from both a financial and operational perspective. This role will be responsible for helping, as needed, with other finance and accounting initiatives that go beyond performing internal audits.
You will be joining a world-class finance team that tracks and seeks to understand the factors driving our growth and success. We help our entire organization achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. We ensure our objectives are feasible and work closely with all teams to ensure they have the resources they need to achieve our ambitious mission-enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve :
- Contribute to a risk-based technology infrastructure, security, and general IT audit plan.
- Plan and execute audits, consulting projects, and other influencing activities of infrastructure, security, supporting operations, and processes.
- Plan and perform IT SOX testing and ensure testing results are appropriately documented and communicated, including detailed review of outsourcing partners’ execution of SOX procedures.
- Proactively identify, share and discuss IT and business risks that have an impact on the controls environment and potentially other IT and security work for respective areas assigned over the course of the year.
- Update IT SOX documentation including process flowcharts, narratives, risk and controls matrix and evaluate scoping of controls as new systems are developed and/or process changes.
- Identify the root cause of specific problems, collaboratively work with relevant stakeholders in proposing recommendations and appropriate corrective actions to address any areas of concern.
- Apply information systems development, implementation and operation control concepts in a variety of technology settings, and assess the exposures from ineffective or missing SOX control practices.
- Proactively identify opportunities for audit process automation through use of analytics and robotics process automation and partnering with different team members on executing digitization/automation.
- Assist in coordinating activities between the external auditors and outsourcing partners in support of the annual SOX program.
- Research and stay current on new technical literature applicable (e.g., FFIEC, PCAOB guidance, etc.), emerging trends and best practices
- 7+ years of business experience in integrated audit environment and IT auditing (technology industry is preferred).
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration; professional certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP or CFE is a plus.
- Experience with similar internal audit roles in dynamic/complex organizations or with Big 4 audit firms highly preferred.
- Experience in project management practices, including tooling and managing projects through a fast-paced and deadline-oriented SOX life cycle.
- Knowledge of COSO framework and experience applying the framework in a manner that supports SOX compliance and operational efficiencies.
- Experience in IT General Control audits, reports testing, and flowcharts over proprietary in-house built (e.g., data pipelines, payments engineering) and enterprise corporate systems (e.g., NetSuite, Salesforce, Zuora, Workday, Coupa)
- Strong competency in IT applications and controls and experience with cloud applications.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize efficiently with minimal daily management.
- Ability to identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the business and IT processes and opportunities to eliminate waste and assist in assessing financial operations and making best-practice recommendations to management.
- Problem solving experience that demonstrates critical and logical thinking to reach a solution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent analytical skills, and attention to detail.
Asana enables millions of teams around the world to achieve their goals together, from small projects to strategic initiatives. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace by Fortune, Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Built In for our inclusive culture that drives business results. After spending more than two years physically distanced, we're safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, adding more flexibility to our office-centric hybrid culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.