Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re adding a Staff User Researcher to our team who will help us better understand our customers and how to bring their needs to existing and new product initiatives for Webflow. This role will help us learn about our current and potential customers, and who we can serve by identifying continued and new opportunities in our product roadmap.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Staff User Researcher, you’ll …
- Help define and shape the research function at Webflow as we make it a core pillar of the product design team
- Plan and execute inclusive, strategic, and valuable user research: design research studies and tests, recruit participants, facilitate interviews, and analyze results
- Synthesize findings and use compelling narratives to communicate digestible and actionable insights and recommendations to a variety of partners in ways that build trust, informs, and drives consensus around key decisions
- Influence and support the formation of technical product roadmaps and tactical solution designs that are highly usable and useful to a diverse and global audience
- Evolve and elevate Engineering, Product, and Design’s (EPD) user research capabilities by equipping non-researchers with toolkits, training, and processes to set them up for success in their own research
- Mentor and coach other researchers and product designers
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Staff User Researcher if you have:
- 8+ years conducting user research, and/or design research in industry or academia
- Proven track record of leading research and collaborating with other teams to discover insights, identify unmet needs, craft better products, and significantly impact company strategy
- Passion for understanding what drives user behavior
- Experience with lean research integrated with product teams in an agile process
- Exceptional ability at empathically listening, perceiving users’ needs, and delivering an unbiased view of users
- Exceptional ability to understand and breakdown complex systems and large amounts of research data, generate user insights, and turn those insights into action items for product teams
- Extensive experience in qualitative research methods—such as user interviews, field studies, diary studies, rapid iterative testing and evaluation, participatory design, usability studies, and desirability studies
- Experience with inclusive participant recruitment processes
- Experience advocating for, implementing, and interpreting analytics
- Experience in quantitative research methodologies—such as surveys and card sorting
- Knowledge of accessibility, principles of effective design, and the Jobs to be Done framework
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Facilitation experience to drive consensus and buy-in, especially with cross-functional partners and stakeholders
- Implemented and improved research tools and processes
- Mentored and coached other researchers and product designers
- MA/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Anthropology, Design or related field. PhD preferred.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we encourage you to still apply. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in consideration.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success -- so we focus on our “why” and “how”:
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Staff User Researcher and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.
Please note that a background check and employment verification will be required for this position. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.