Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
We are seeking a proven, experienced Regional Vice President focused on managing a team of Account Managers and an Area Vice President. This role will drive strategic direction for our customers, guide clients through the customer journey and build meaningful relationships to maintain and grow our accounts. In the RVP role, we look for someone to lead by example and exemplify our values and inspire a team of highly driven account managers to impress themselves on a daily basis. We support teamwork, collaboration, and creating a winning spirit across the team that elevates performance.
What you’ll do:
- Work alongside Account Managers by supporting deal strategy and client meeting preparation to ensure pipeline creation (2x expansion coverage), retention, and growth of existing Partners.
- Grow and develop the AM team, including recruiting, hiring and onboarding new Account Managers on the Post Sales process.
- In partnership with Sales Enablement, enable team members via training and certifications to ensure consistent development of the team.
- Model best practices for managing the customer journey.
- Monitor sales activity of the team, track results, and lead weekly forecast and pipeline review meetings.
- Report to the BetterUp leadership team on Post Sales activity like pipeline development, gross revenue retention, and forecast.
- Establish clear alignment and cross-functional collaboration with internal teams: Customer Success, Finance, Legal, Product, Sales Enablement and People Insights.
- Serve as escalation point for Account Managers and customers.
- Demonstrate extreme ownership as a leader of a fast-paced, growing team.
- Identify thematic trends in the business and initiate solutions to continuously improve.
Drive Account Strategy and Growth
- Develop account strategy in close conversation with customer executives and BetterUp leadership.
- Inspire the team and our customers to envision transformation at scale, leveraging the full potential of BetterUp solutions to drive individual, team, and enterprise-wide impact.
- Support team in prioritization, implementing account strategies, and Salesforce hygiene.
- Own expansion and renewal targets for direct reports.
- Develop new relationships in strategic accounts through prospecting, networking, and partnership with BetterUp marketing team.
- Lead commercial conversations with customers, ensuring end to end success of the contracting process.
- Inform our GTM through market intelligence, competitor analysis, and key insights to directionally inform our strategic selling strategy.
- Create an environment that is psychologically safe and built on trust and respect, while helping the team achieve their potential and exceed their goals.
Generate and Nurture Enduring Customer Relationships
- Navigate complex, matrixed organizations and identify champions internally.
- Strong executive presence. Expert ability to communicate complex ideas effectively in writing, orally, and in presentations.
- Consult and coach customers on talent and HR strategy and demonstrate how BetterUp aligns to our customer’s business objectives.
- Serve as a primary point of contact to drive member engagement and demonstrable results.
Internal Relationship Building and Management
- Strong cross-functional collaboration practices. Ability to influence internal partners, remove roadblocks, and create solutions.
- Work with the post-sales team, CSM, DM, to ensure optimal communications and alignment including collaboration on account strategy, account opportunities, politics, stakeholder identification, member utilization and adoption. Has the ability to keenly listen to the client and identify risks and opportunities with members and swiftly communicate to the BU account team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to support the success of BetterUp customers. Examples of cross-functional collaboration include: Product/Engineering for roadmap prioritization, Marketing for customer campaigns and community engagement, and Legal and Finance for deal approval.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Experience leading others, ideally an Account Management team
- Consistent track record of overachieving on attainment targets
- 5+ years of sales management experience combined with a proven track record of success in a similar enterprise environment
- 7+ years of quota carrying sales and experience as an individual contributor
- Experience selling enterprise to the Fortune 500+ (required)
- Prior experience in L&D / HR / talent or transformation work (ideal, not required)
- Prior experience working within Software/Platform (SaaS and PaaS) space (ideal, not required)
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Workdays (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.