Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Community Policy team’s mission is to create and evolve principled policies that create the rules of the road for Guests and Hosts across Airbnb. This involves solving some of the most complex Trust & Safety challenges of our time. Our work is informed by rigorous research and stakeholder collaboration, and we design policies that can support our community at scale. We team with our cross-functional partners to create accessible policy enforcement guides and to continuously maintain and improve our policies.
- You are knowledgeable and experienced in the space of creating and implementing policies and measuring their effectiveness, and have an interest in reliability issues.
- You love solving complex problems by developing consistent rules that can be applied at scale.
- You bring a rigorous approach to research and analysis and can clearly propose policy options and their implications.
- You are a team player who thrives in a fast-moving environment and brings a strategic mindset and bias toward execution.
- You are principled, precise and have meticulous attention to detail.
- You adapt well to quick changes and have experience supporting or working with Product teams.
How you’ll make an impact
As Community Policy Manager focused on Reliability for Trust’s Community Policy & Global Partnerships team, your work will improve Airbnb’s community by clearly defining our expectations for hosts and guests alike. You will work across the business and with external stakeholders to continuously evaluate our policies and make necessary policy updates in accordance with any product launches. Your work will focus on our Host Standards and Guest Reliability Standards and will likely have an impact on external product and internal tooling updates. This role will have a direct impact on the peace of mind of millions of Airbnb customers around the world By facilitating improvements to guest and host policies across Airbnb, folks in this role can directly influence the experience all users have on our platform, potentially alleviating friction and fostering peace of mind for millions of Airbnb customers around the world .
In this role you’ll get to
- Solve some of the most complex issues and challenges related to policies that govern and guide mutli-dimensional platforms across global communities.
- Work as part of a global team to research and draft data-driven policies focused on the area of Reliability, as scoped and prioritized with the team.
- Foster, build, and maintain relationships with leadership of internal business verticals, including executive level stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders across the business including but not limited to Hosting, Operations, Public Policy, Legal, Product, Communications and Business Development.
- Serve as subject matter expert to provide sound policy guidance for time-sensitive escalations, including from Operations and company leadership.
- Guide policy operationalization efforts in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders throughout the business.
- Gather data and insight to inform Community Policy project prioritization.
We are looking for people who have
- 7+ years experience in an Operations, Policy, Legal, or Trust and Safety role with exposure to policy issues and working closely with global, cross-functional partner teams.
- A demonstrated ability to propose innovative solutions to grey area situations with thoughtful recommendations for prioritization based on impact and efficacy.
- Ability to speak confidently as a policy owner, leaning into meetings to inspire collaboration by effectively sharing your unique point of view to drive conversations forward.
- Demonstrated capacity for critical and analytical thinking, research, and analysis; planning for outliers with a deep focus on the details.
- Ability to formulate responses to policy concerns quickly and accurately for various audiences in various forums.
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a highly dynamic and fast paced organization.
- Successful track record of working effectively with both local and globally distributed teams
- Effective time management with a knack for prioritization and a bias towards action and execution
- Thoughtful written and verbal communication skills and skilled at cross-functional collaboration, including understanding and balancing interests of various stakeholders.
- Ability to travel globally and regionally.
- Experience working closely with operations teams, preferably in the Trust and Safety space
The starting base pay for this role is between $118,000 and $153,500. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.