Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Someone who is not happy fixing the same problem everyday, and leans towards finding and fixing the root cause / automates the problem out of oblivion, because they know there will be new problems tomorrow. Someone who can judge when to be technical with the user and when to solve the issue without confusing the customer.
What you’ll do
- Someone who can play and explore with MacBook and Chromebooks.
- Also someone who knows when to automate and when to share knowledge instead.
- Organically interested in IT
- Basically someone who keeps up with technology trends organically and doesn’t have to make a conscious effort to educate themselves. I want to see someone who can see the troubleshooting path in their head before they even get control of the users laptop.
- Someone who can both follow a process and also contribute to further refining a process.
- Needs to be able to communicate and explain things clearly, a person who can quickly grasp the knowledge level of the person they’re dealing with and adjust their language accordingly.
- Has to be able to balance between team communication and customer facing communication (e.g. keep sarcasm within the team)
- Design, write, and edit technical and process documentation, needs to contribute knowledge on a regular basis to the IT Knowledge Base, FAQs, examples and how-to’s for both our users and internally within ITX as well
- prefers to get to the root cause of a problem over implementing a work around and then forgetting about the issue.
- ability to drive issues to resolution
- autonomy when working on projects
What you need to succeed
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience working in the IT Field.
- Scripting / some sort of automation
- need to show a preference towards removing a problem via technical means, over putting a process in place (not saying this is a bad thing - just looking for a preference).
- Networking / web fundamentals
- must have a knowledge of TCP/IP, switching, routing, VPN, NAT, proxies, etc.
- HTTP, SSL, cookies, auth tokens, APIs, etc.
- Analytical mindset
- can flow through a problem very quickly and easily
- if the candidate takes their time, that’s OK as long as they talk you through their thought process (don’t be afraid to ask them to do so)
- Customer service
- must be able to talk to people!
- deal with stressful situations and individuals.
- Passionate and a strong sense of urgency.
- Desire to empower customers to solve similar issues on their own in the future
- OS X (or linux/unix) - Operating Systems apart from Windows
- Basic understanding of network logins, printing, connecting to file servers, using the terminal, etc.
- Training / knowledge sharing
- Always looks to raise others to their level via knowledge sharing and training.
- Can write concise emails and documentation that can be shared with different audiences (tech/customer facing).