LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
We on the Identity Engineering team maintain the graph processing engine that connects the trillions of different identifiers for consumers and the devices they use online. Help us process this trillion edge graph as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Collaborate with a team of supportive and passionate software engineers, product, infrastructure and other internal partners remotely to tackle challenging problems, plan and execute on development projects that build, enhance and customize our high-performance data ingest, partitioning, graph and edge building systems.
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, operational excellence, initiative and empower the team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity by developing in Java and leveraging tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Gradle, Jenkins, GCP, Hadoop and Spark.
- Design with privacy and security-first principles and err on the side of shipping fast and iterating.
Your team will:
- Find feedback to be important in helping us grow as individuals and as a team; we’re always looking for chances to kindly share positive and constructive feedback and we aim to accept feedback with grace.
- Follow a Scrum-based devops model with a few guiding principles:
- Support, trust and motivate the people involved
- Continuous software delivery and process improvement
- Minimize barriers to development and leverage automation
- Work on:
- Edge Ingestion and Partitioning Framework: We could never process all trillion edges at once and luckily we don’t have to. Instead we process subgraphs that contain specific types of edges. Our edge ingestion and partitioning leverages LiveRamp’s Seek MSJ framework to efficiently incorporate new data into existing edge stores.
- Path Computation as a Service: We provide a service to other LiveRamp engineering teams for finding specific types of paths within our massive graph. It services 80,000 requests, 10PB data per day and this is possible due to its use of highly scalable Spark jobs and intelligent caching mechanism.
- Project categories: besides product requests and enhancements, we work on projects in performance and cost optimization, security and legal compliance, reliability and quality initiatives, as well as architectural refreshes such as POC in restructuring our data to be more streaming/real time friendly, new REST API for relevant services, migration of apps to Spark, Parquet, and other new technologies that could make our processing faster, more scalable, maintainable and cost effective.
- Have 3+ years of experience writing and deploying object oriented production code.
- Have 2+ years of experience using cloud based platform such as GCP, AWS, Azure or similar technologies
- Strong ability to break down complex problems to their essential components, design and implement elegant solutions for them.
- Have a passion for building large-scale distributed systems and are comfortable writing maintainable and high performance code.
- Comfortable evaluating and adapting to the latest tools and technologies.
- You love mentoring junior engineers and deploying software that conforms to best practices.
- Have a startup personality and enjoy working as part of a team: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working, and productive.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related degree.
- Experience with GCP products such as BigTable, BigQuery, Dataproc, PubSub or other data tools like Spark, Kafka, Hive, or Apache Beam
- Experience with development tools such as Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm, or Gradle
- Experience with designing and implementing interfaces and infrastructure for large scale systems and RESTful APIs
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, paid holidays, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, long term care, accident and critical illness insurance, pre-tax accounts (health, dependent and commuter), and a family forming benefit through Carrot. Plus Milk Stork, backup child and elder care, and discount on pet insurance, mental health support (via Talkspace)
- FlexPerks reimbursement program to provide flexibility and choice ($375/quarter) for fitness, emotional, financial, family, travel and entertainment, convenience and security expenses. (U.S. LiveRampers)
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead. Also Employee Stock Purchase Plan - 15% discount off purchase price of LiveRamp stock (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we prove you with equipment and tools to be your most productive self, no matter where you're located
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across nine countries and four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.