Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Data Platform team's mission is to build leverage for Airbnb through trustworthy data. Our technologies power analytics, reporting, machine learning, AI, and data applications across the company.
As a Data Platform Sr. Product Manager, you will be responsible for defining the taxonomy strategy, and workflows and tools that are used to create, maintain, and consume data at Airbnb. Your teams will deliver on that vision so that every employee can easily make data driven decisions.
We are seeking an experienced, driven, senior technical product manager who is passionate about improving data user productivity, and defining the next generation products for how data is produced and consumed. You will own the infrastructure, processes, and tooling that empowers our data engineers and scientists to rapidly convert activity on the Airbnb platform to actionable insights powering decision making in the company. You will be responsible for defining how data becomes part of people’s daily activities at Airbnb, as well as the roadmap for how we get there.
- Establish the vision for next generation data engineering products. Challenge the status quo and inspire people to think outside the box.
- Efficiently execute to ship products and deliver impact for our data engineers, solving technical and operational problems as they relate to product development.
- Lead large, cross-functional groups of engineers across Data Strategy, Data Platform, and Data Engineering to deliver on your teams’ mission.
- Build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners (FP&A, Marketing, Operations, Customer Experience, Trust, etc.) and Leadership/Executive team
- Communicate concisely with engineering and product leadership, and influence our technical strategy
- Develop the product roadmap and build consensus on prioritization which drives product execution
- Create processes for collecting feedback from users, and prioritizing requests across an expanding number of businesses
- Define key success metrics and SLOs to inform product success and health
- 8+ years of product management experience related to data and/or data infrastructure
- , with 7+ years of product management experience in those areas.
- Passionate about improving developer productivity, product quality, and automating/optimizing developer workflows.
- Demonstrated empathy for key data management pain points, and a track record of leadership in building products for data engineers or data scientists
- Drive the taxonomy evolution strategy that enables better detection, routing, and log user issues
- Strong understanding of technical architecture and data infrastructure principles
- Experience with managing multiple product team roadmaps to build cohesive data ecosystems, platforms and tools
- Proven ability to prioritize and pair bold product vision with execution
- Strong written and verbal communication ability to influence and drive strategy
- 5+ years of experience developing data infrastructure products
- Experience as a data engineer, data scientist, or other advanced data user
- Knowledge of data creation and consumption products (dbt, Airflow, Spark, Superset, DataHub, etc.)
- Experience with anomaly detection, observability, and logging toolsets
- Experience with ML products including feature creation and/or model training