Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Engineering Managers to lead our engineering efforts.
Airbnb Payments team allows any two people in the world to frictionlessly exchange money with easy to use payments services. It is a core strategy to fulfill Airbnb’s belongs anywhere mission. We are building a world-class payments platform that moves billions of dollars, in 191 countries, with 75 currencies, through a complex ecosystem of payments partners. We build and maintain our own in-house global payments platform because no solution exists with the global reach needed. As the platform grows we’ll be adding new payment partners, global licenses, compliance and regulation controls, and building new payment experiences for our guests and hosts.
Payments compliance & ops is a Payments engineering org with the mission to deliver best in class compliance platforms & tools that eliminate legal risks, ensure regulatory compliance and enable payments operations for Airbnb Payments. We are a full stack team focusing on building a wide range of scalable systems and global infrastructure to protect our core payments from malicious users and fraud risk, enforce compliance controls, promote best practices to protect user privacy and enhance our internal operational efficiency. We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager who is passionate about building a high performing team and creating a unique culture. We expect the Engineering Manager to lead the team to work with engineers in the US to tackle key compliance challenges.
Aligned with our company mission, Belong Anywhere, we value the importance of diversity and belonging in the workplace, and that's why we commit to not discriminating on basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What you need to succeed
● BS, MS or Ph.D. in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
● 8+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 4+ hands-on technical
● Experience with building payments or relevant systems
● Strong coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale
● Experience architecting, building, and maintaining highly available services in a large
service-oriented architecture (SOA).
● Familiarity with patterns, libraries and frameworks for building and testing services, and
● Experience in partnering with other leaders in setting product strategy
● Successfully partnered with Product, Data Science, Finance, Legal, and/or Compliance
● Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
● Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
● Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
Account Executive, Enterprise, Central Europe
IT Technician - Level 1
Fulfillment Support Associate
Jr. Authentication Support Associate
Posted: Jun 14, 2022
Inventory Control Manager