Vanta’s mission is to secure the internet and protect consumer data. We believe that security should be monitored and verified continuously, and we empower companies to practice better security and prove it with ease. Our product integrates deeply with the services that present security risk to a company, pulls and analyzes data from those sources, and surfaces potential security threats to our customers in real-time with guidance to remediate them.
As a Director of Engineering, you’ll be responsible for identifying key strategic initiatives and leading multiple teams to deliver results consistently and sustainably. You’ll develop high-performing organizations with kind and talented engineers and cultivate a healthy, results-driven culture.
Vanta’s business and team are growing quickly, and it’s essential that we lay the foundation for a successful organization. You’ll leverage your past experience and play a crucial role in laying the groundwork for a successful engineering organization, identifying and realizing foundational processes that enable our entire team to scale — onboarding, interview loops, career frameworks, execution frameworks, and more.
Our business has found incredible product-market fit and has monetized effectively since the day we signed our first customer. We’re growing at a blistering pace, which presents career-defining opportunities for to accelerate their growth and to contribute to a rapidly-scaling company.
Vanta has a kind and talented team, and while some have prior security experience, many have been successful at Vanta without it. We’d love for you to join us!
What you’ll do as an Engineering Director at Vanta:
- Independently identify and realize strategies that deliver significant value to our customers and business.
- Drive significant impact for our customers and business by leading your organization to deliver results consistently and sustainably.
- Hire and develop talented, kind engineers at all levels of seniority.
- Guide technical strategy, ensuring that your teams are delivering long-term value aligned with Vanta’s business priorities.
- Work closely with Vanta’s customers and customer-facing teammates to build and ship high-value products and infrastructure.
- Play an integral role in laying the foundation for Vanta’s engineering culture.
How to be successful in this role:
- Have an interest in learning about security or prior experience in the space.
- Have prior experience managing complex, long-term projects that touch multiple and cross-functional stakeholders
- Have participated in developing or driving engineering-wide initiatives (recruiting processes, career frameworks, etc) in a prior role.
What you can expect as a Vantan:
- Industry-Competitive Salary and Equity
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with Dependents Coverage
- 16 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave for All New Parents (Moms, Dads, Adoptive, Foster)
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Remote Workspace Stipend
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible Work Hours and Location
- Open & Encouraged PTO Policy
- 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Free Memberships to Online Wellness Platforms (One Medical, Ginger, Headspace, and more!)
- Virtual Team Building Activities, Lunch and Learns, and other Company-Wide Eventsoru
- Offices in SF and NYC with Hubs of Vantans forming across the US, including but not limited to, Seattle, Austin, Indianapolis, LA, Boston, and more!
At Vanta, we are committed to hiring diverse talent of different backgrounds and as such, it is important to us to provide an inclusive work environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply.
We started Vanta in 2016 as Equifax had lost every American's social security number, Home Depot had leaked its customers' credit card numbers to hackers, and Facebook admitted that it irresponsibly sent user data to third parties who tried to influence the US election. It was clear that security and privacy had become mainstream issues, and that we all increasingly relied on cloud services to store everything from our personal photos to our communications at work.
Vanta's mission is to be the layer of trust on top of these services, and to secure the internet, increase trust in software companies, and keep consumer data safe.
We do this by building an automated head of security for technology companies, and we use that system to both help a company secure itself and to prove their security to others.
If we succeed in our mission, it should feel irresponsible for users to put data into a product that isn't certified by Vanta, and irresponsible for companies to collect data without using Vanta to secure and monitor themselves.