Invoca is the industry innovator in AI and machine learning-powered Conversation Intelligence technology. Forrester Research identified Invoca as a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Conversation Intelligence: Sales And Marketing, Q4 2021 report, stating that "Invoca is one of the few established conversation intelligence vendors that can legitimately claim AI capabilities."
With over 300 employees, more than 2,000 customers, and nearing $100M in revenue, there are tremendous opportunities to continue growing the business. We are building a world-class SaaS company, having raised over $100 million from Accel, Upfront Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Morgan Stanley, and H.I.G. Growth Partners.
At Invoca, we live by our four core values:
- Figure it Out: we take ownership of our work and are given the freedom to blaze our own trails.
- Help Each Other Thrive: we foster an inclusive and humble culture that allows us to build value for both our customers and our people.
- Continuous Improvement: we challenge the status quo every day to develop creative solutions that make our products better and our customers more successful
- Light the Customer's Way: we don't just sell a product or turn on a service; we are partners and trusted advisors who support and invest in our customers and their success.
If these values resonate with you, we encourage you to come join us - we are building something special.
About the Engineering Team:
You’ll join a team where everyone, including you, is striving to constantly improve their knowledge of software development tools and processes. We are an incredibly supportive team. We swarm when problems arise and give excellent feedback to help each other grow. Working on our collaborative, multi-functional teams is a chance to share and grow your knowledge of different domains from databases to front ends to telephony and everything in between.
We are passionate about many things: continuous improvement, working at a brisk but sustainable pace, writing resilient code, maintaining production reliability, paying down technical debt, hiring engaged teammates; and we love to share these passions with each other.
Learn more about the Invoca development team on our blog and check out our open source projects.
About the Role:
Are you looking to work with people who are as committed to building great teams as they are to building great products? Invoca offers a unique opportunity to make massive contributions to our SaaS platform and cloud infrastructure. As a Software Architect you will provide technical leadership for a group of teams that are directly responsible for the roadmap, development, and maintenance of Invoca’s chat, SMS, telephony, transcription, and redaction services while upholding high standards via modern agile methodologies: test-driven development, continuous deployment, and DevOps.
- Work across teams, at our most senior technical level, as the architect for the Conversation Channels group
- This group is launching new services this year as we expand into more conversation mediums
- Collaborate closely with the senior product leader, senior engineering leader, and director of Data Science to shape ideas, architect solutions, and break down large projects into roadmaps
- Tackle challenging problems, including:
- Real-time routing of inbound and outbound calls, SMS, chat, and other conversation mediums at scale and with high standards of uptime
- Using and augmenting customer interaction data in an event-driven architecture
- Scalable and reliable SOA applications
- High performance REST and GraphQL APIs
- Provide technical mentorship, code reviews, and technical project leadership for your teams
- Get hands on, as needed, developing critical and/or complex portions of the solutions you architect
- Identify and drive the adoption of new technologies, best practices, and design patterns across the department
- Share your passion for learning about technical topics with your teams and peers
- Support diversity, equity and inclusion at Invoca
- Report to the Lead Architect, who reports to the SVP of Engineering
- 15+ years of Software Development experience in a SaaS environment
- Experience with our core technologies: Ruby, MySQL/PostgreSQL, Kafka (or similar stream-processing software)
- Experience with FreeSwitch (or other telephony platform)
- Advanced knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Test Driven Development, Distributed Systems, and Event Driven Systems
- Previous experience building SaaS applications, working closely with Product Management in a continuous deployment environment
- Past experience in rapid growth product development or start-up environment, a plus
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with exceptional communication skills, sense of ownership, and drive
- An extensive track record of leading technical projects, maintaining features in production, and solid prioritization with a customer focused mindset
- Experience mentoring software engineers
- A desire to create elegant, scalable, and maintainable services and tools
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience with Rails a plus
Salary, Benefits & Perks:
Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our offerings:
- Paid Time Off - Invoca encourages a work-life balance for our employees. We have an outstanding PTO policy, starting at 20 days off, for all full-time employees. We also offer 15 paid holidays, 10 days Compassionate Leave, 3 days volunteer time and more.
- Healthcare - Invoca offers a health care program that includes medical, dental and vision coverage. There are multiple plan options to choose from so you can make the best choice for yourself, partner and family.
- Retirement - Invoca offers a 401(k) plan through Fidelity with a company match of up to 4%.
- Stock options - All employees are invited to ownership in Invoca through stock options.
- Employee Assistance Program - Invoca offers well-being support on issues ranging from personal matters to everyday life topics through the WorkLifeMatters program.
- Paid Family Leave - Invoca offers up to six weeks 100% paid leave for baby bonding, adoption, and caring for family members
- Paid Medical Leave - Invoca offers up to twelve weeks 100% paid leave for childbirth and medical need
- Sabbatical - We thank our long-term team members with an additional week of PTO along with a bonus after 7 years of service.
- Wellness Subsidy - In further support of your well-being, Invoca provides a wellness subsidy that can be applied to a gym membership, fitness classes and more.
- Position Base Range - $172,000.00 - $236,500.00 / plus bonus potential
Please note, per Invoca's Covid-19 policy, depending on your vaccine status, you may be required to work only from home / remotely. At this time, some travel and in-person meetings may require proof of vaccination. This policy is regularly reviewed and subject to change at any time.
"Our company is committed to creating a culture that is not only grounded in continuous learning, teamwork, and customer success, but is fair, equitable, and welcoming for everyone." - Gregg Johnson, CEO
And to us, diversity, equity and inclusion means more than treating current employees well and making them feel welcome. It also means hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique demographics, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Invoca will always be a place filled with laughter, positivity, thoughtfulness and respect.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.