Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 5000 businesses are spending an average of 3.3% less and closing their books 8 times faster, thanks to Ramp’s finance automation platform that enables billions of dollars of purchases each year.
Founded in 2019, Ramp has seen nearly 10x year-over-year growth which has led to a valuation of $8.1 billion in just over 3 years. Its investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The team is made up of talented leaders from some of the leading financial services and fintech companies—Capital One, Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Visa—as well as high-growth technology companies like Facebook, Spotify, Zendesk, Uber, Dropbox, and Instacart. Recently named Fast Company’s most innovative finance company, Ramp is NYC’s fastest-growing startup and America’s fastest-growing corporate card.
About the Role
Ramp is, at its core, an engineering company, and is on a mission to build the best engineering team in NYC! We are looking for full stack and platform engineers who are excited to be part of our early story and help us build a diverse and vibrant tech community in the city. We hire engineers with a broad set of technical skills, who are highly cross-functional, and eager to solve a wide range of engineering challenges. Our ideal candidate has a strong sense of ownership and enjoys owning projects from inception to scaling it in production. We value people who take pride in their work, and show an aptitude for learning quickly whether they’re familiar with our stack or not. As an early employee, you’ll be working with a nimble team of committed and talented engineers and having a large, long-term impact on technical design and engineering culture.
Check out our Engineering Blog for more on our tech stack, mission and values!
What You’ll Do
- As a Technical Lead you will own the architecture, set the technical vision, evolve the implementation and automate metrics, alerting and ongoing operations of Ramp’s industry changing products: Card, Spend Management, Bill Pay, Reimbursements, Lending, Savings, Travel, etc.
- You will partner with Product, Design and stakeholders to advance the product vision, iterate on customer feedback and lead the expansion of Ramp into new verticals.
- You will scale Ramp’s innovative Risk and Finance platforms that are key to our renown product velocity and quality: Underwriting, Risk Management, Fraud detection and defenses, Payments, Capital Engineering, Accounting and others.
- You will be the voice of your product or platform pod. You will shape the roadmap, run the pod’s sprints, and effectively communicate the team's progress, objectives and key results throughout the company. You will promote the strong culture of ownership and will hold yourself and the team accountable for the successes and failures.
- As a senior technical leader at Ramp, you will help establish and influence engineering processes, tools, and systems that will allow us to scale the code base, productivity, and accelerate product velocity. You are expected to act locally, but think globally and proactively make notable contributions to the codebase and processes beyond your own team’s mandate.
- You will actively collaborate with other senior engineering leaders and drive attraction and conversion of the best engineering talent to Ramp.
What You Need
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience preferred
- Track record of shipping high-quality products and features at scale
- Ability to turn business and product ideas into engineering solutions
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, continuously grow, and master your craft
- Alignment with Ramp’s core values of enabling businesses to grow more by spending less
Nice to Haves
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent technical experience
- Familiarity with or desire to learn our tech stack which includes, but not limited to: Python, Elixir, AWS, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Redshift and DBT
- Passion for, or curiosity to learn, financial technology
About Our Teams
- Spend Engineering | Ramp’s Spend Engineering team is responsible for shipping products with a singular focus on enhancing the finance team and cardholder experience. Current project areas include accounting, physical/virtual card management, mobile wallets, transactions, reimbursements, spend insights, and vendor/invoice management.
- Risk Engineering | Ramp’s Risk Engineering team is pioneering how risk is evaluated and building the infrastructure to scale to millions of businesses in the United States. Areas include application processing, underwriting & KYC, risk data signals, risk limit & exposure management, bank linking, capital markets, fraud, and payments.
- Growth Engineering | Ramp's Growth Engineering team ships software and infrastructure to acquire new business and expand existing business at scale. Current areas of focus include: Self-Service Product, Web & Martech, Outbound Automation, Customer Data Platform, and GTM Systems.
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- OneMedical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual education reimbursement
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend; Headspace annual membership
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support