Ramp is building the world's first finance automation platform designed to save businesses time and money. Ramp offers 5-in-1 software that consolidates corporate cards, expense management, bill payments, accounting, and reporting into one simple and free solution. More than 3,000 businesses are using Ramp to process billions in annualized transaction volume. Customers include some of the fastest growing startups and unicorns like Ro, DoNotPay, ClickUp, and Applied Intuition, as well as established businesses across the US such as Bristol Hospice, Walther Farms, Douglas Elliman, and Planned Parenthood.
Founded in 2019, Ramp is NYC's fastest growing startup, having achieved a unicorn valuation of $3.9 billion in just over 2 years. Ramp has raised $620 million in funding from investors including Founders Fund, Stripe, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. Ramp is part of the Forbes Fintech 50 and Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators program.
Check out our Engineering Blog for more on our tech stack, mission and values!
About the Role
Our growth engineering team works on the frontlines to build products for, and with, Ramp’s largest, and most strategic customers. The team is critical to Ramp’s growth. You’ll be implementing new features to help acquire new business, and building solutions for existing customers so that Ramp continues to scale with their needs.
As one of the first Growth Engineers at Ramp, you will act as the technical subject matter expert and design solutions that address the customer’s needs through Ramp and partner integrations. You will help define the customer’s go-live success criteria and work in collaboration with the Product team to design scalable solutions that result in more value to customers. Learn more about our problem space and environment at our new engineering blog!
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the sales team, effectively communicating Ramp’s product benefits and features to customers by delivering tailored product demonstrations and sales presentations
- Assess requirements and determine Ramp fit through use-cases, cost-benefit/ROI analysis, and technical competencies via customer discovery
- Support the sales cycle through educating customers on detailed product functionality and best practices
- Work with the customer to problem-solve technical hurdles during the sales process and propose effective product implementations for each customer with a deep understanding of the full range of integration and configuration options
- Work directly with onboarding specialists to support more complex technical implementations of Ramp
- Build and refine Ramp’s Growth Engineering team and define the customer strategy that fuels our growth
- Propose effective product implementations for each customer with a deep understanding of the full range of integration and configuration options
- Partner closely with the product team to ensure customer feedback and pain points are heard, reviewed, and prioritized when needed
What You'll Need
- Ability to turn business and product ideas into engineering solutions
- Minimum of 2+ years in solutions consulting or implementing business SaaS solutions preferred
- Ability to operate as a team member or individual contributor with minimal supervision
- Exceptional with organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Ability to anticipate customers’ needs and position product solutions accordingly
- High adaptability and understanding of change within the evolution of a startup
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, finance or accounting
Nice to Haves
- Experience in the setup, configuration and customization of business accounting software and related workflows in the following platforms: NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics, Quickbooks Online, Xero, Sage Intacct
- Familiarity with or desire to learn our tech stack which includes, but not limited to: Flask (Python), Elixir, AWS, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL
- Experience with financial services sales
- Experience at a high-growth startup
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- 401k (including employer match)
- Parental Leave
- Unlimited PTO
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Annual education reimbursement
- Relocation support