Have you streamed a program on Disney+, caught the latest binge-worthy series on Hulu, or tuned in for NFL highlights on social media? If the answer is yes, you have already benefitted from Conviva’s technology.
At Conviva, we create the technologies and standards driving industry transformation and streaming media growth worldwide. It’s not about the data, it’s about what you do with it. As the leader in global streaming media intelligence, Conviva measures in excess of 500 million unique viewers watching 150 billion streams per year with 1.5 trillion real-time transactions per day across more than 180 countries. Our platform and products are designed to deliver the real-time, cross-screen, integrated insights our customers need to understand their business and focus on what matters. Join us as we make streaming better.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer with a proven record of delivering consistently in a high growth and high scale environment. You will drive significant innovation and initiatives required to design and develop a storage abstraction layer with an eye on the future. This abstraction layer must support a multitude of existing and emerging database technologies to enable different use cases while building a level of abstraction needed by different product engineering teams to build business functionality without requiring an understanding of the underlying complexity. As a Senior Software Engineer in Big Data, you will be the hands-on individual contributor in Conviva’s backend technologies. You will contribute to the design and implementation of new products and features with significant business impact for years to come. You will work across teams and organizations to ensure that the technical solutions are designed to enable multiple products to be delivered to customers with high quality, stability, scalability, and resiliency while supporting high traffic growth.
What You Get to Do:
- Build the backend solutions necessary to enable Conviva’s new product.
- Explore possible alternative paths to enhance the existing solutions in the backend.
- Drive design of the next generation of the storage system to support explosive traffic growth - select and develop database technologies suitable for various real time big data analysis and offline analysis use cases.
- Raise the bar on the quality of architecture and design of the overall systems.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions and engage in hands-on development of complex frameworks and solutions to facilitate high productivity and high-quality development.
What You Bring to the Role:
- BS in CS or equivalent, Masters/PhD preferred.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience, including Java, Scala, Python.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in big data storage and query technology (at least one and potentially several of the following: Druid, BigQuary, Snowflake, Phoenix/HBase, Spark SQL, Redshift, Presto/Anthena, Hive, Impala, Clickhouse, etc.
- Familiar with other related big data technologies (such as Spark, Fink, Hadoop, Akka Stream), messaging layer (Kafka, Kinesis, etc.), Cloud and container-based deployments (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Proven problem solving, software design and architecture skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Previous startup experience.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, big data technology and engineering best practices.
- Plus: Experience working in a complex, service-oriented software development.
- Plus: Experience on developing new disruptive products.
- Experience with Software as a Service (SAAS).
Conviva is the leader in streaming media intelligence, powered by its real-time platform. More than 250 industry leaders and brands – including CBS, CCTV, Cirque Du Soleil, DAZN, Disney+, HBO, Hulu, Sky, Sling TV, TED, Univision, and WarnerMedia – rely on Conviva to maximize their consumer engagement, deliver the quality experiences viewers expect and drive revenue growth. With a global footprint of more than 500 million unique viewers watching 150 billion streams per year across 3 billion applications streaming on devices, Conviva offers streaming providers unmatched scale for continuous video measurement, intelligence and benchmarking across every stream, every screen, every second. Conviva is privately held and headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices around the world. For more information, please visit us at www.conviva.com.