Picsart is looking for a Chief Software Architect to drive strategic Tech initiatives and shape the technology strategy and development of the most creative platform. To align Tech decisions across the diverse range of business and tech directions with robust principles and standards around software architecture and have focus on the big picture.
It is a high-impact leadership role that reports to the CTO, and where you will own the big picture in the diverse technology landscape and support the development of cutting-edge, cross-platform technology solutions and continuous innovation at Picsart.
In this role, you will work in an executive position to shape the technology strategy and development, will be integral in shaping the development of enterprise software and platform for the Picsart. The role requires a high level of autonomy, leadership, and collaboration.
- Define technology architecture principles to provide guidance to the technology architecture
- Research and identify current and future technology services, industry standards and technology architecture viewpoints to address stakeholders' concerns
- Align tech needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise
- Drive company-wide Tech initiatives
- Develop and drive architecture management framework, processes, models, and blueprints, to guide the design and deployment of solution architecture.
- Analyze gaps in technology architecture and turn them into opportunities
- Select and use tools and repositories to collect and manage architecture information and artifacts
- Review and provide valuable feedback and direction for the technical initiatives, proposals, documents, and implementation
- Facilitate technical ideation and brainstorming sessions with the engineering team
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with all stakeholders and the leadership team
- Designs technology architecture to align with enterprise standards, processes, procedures, and targets
- Makes technology choices, supervises the quality and implementation of designs, developing high-performance architecture within the organization
- Determine business expectations and needs.
- 15+ years of experience designing and building highly scalable, mission-critical high-performance, and distributed software systems
- Significant experience in working with diverse Tech including Cloud, Services based architecture, web-scale design patterns, mobile-fat clients, and designing public APIs and frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to drive the architectural vision for a company or highly scalable line of products
- Hands-on experience in building Platform Architecture and Microservices/ Microfrontends / Containerization technologies
- Extremely high learn-and-curious character traits who excel at achievement
- Excellent problem-solving, collaboration, and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability and desire for transparent communication and influence at the executive level
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and bring ideas to the table
- A proven track record demonstrating the ability to influence organizational change, from an enterprise architecture perspective, over a sustained period.
What we seek and value most in our candidates
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important - passion and commitment.
Picsart is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Picsart, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer in the US. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
Picsart is the world’s largest digital creation platform and a top 20 most downloaded app. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes, and shares billions of visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates, and more. Picsart is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, Windows devices and on the Web. Headquartered in Miami, with offices around the world, Picsart is backed by SoftBank, Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and others. Download the app or visit picsart.com for more information.