The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join an existing team that owns much of the internal infrastructure that empowers MongoDB Employees.
Our goal is to maximize the efficiency of our colleagues through the use of technology. This means we split our time between developing and maintaining critical IT/Infrastructure services that MongoDB Employees rely on and providing top-notch end user support to users on an L3 basis. We regularly interact with employees across the company to better understand how our services are being used and constantly look for ways to improve employee workflows through automation and education.
We also believe strongly in personal growth and mentorship so your ability to succeed is directly related to your desire to grow.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Software development experience, preferably in Python
- Experience scripting end user device processes in Bash/Powershell
- Hands on familiarity with source-control systems such as Git
- Is comfortable developing in a Linux environment and familiar with Docker & CI/CD
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem-solving abilities
- The ability to clearly communicate complex technical topics to a wide range of employees in both verbal and written form
- A naturally calm and empathetic demeanor, combined with the ability to concurrently solve multiple issues in real-time through superior personal time management
- The desire to “automate everything”, combined with the ability to rapidly learn the technical skills necessary to do so
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure such as AWS EC2, S3, etc preferred
- Good knowledge of Security tools and concepts (SAML, OAuth, 2FA, key based authentication, entitlements etc.) is a plus
- Experience deploying code via Jamf and/or WorkspaceOne is a heavy plus
- Develop code and write tests for a suite of internal tools and services that impact ALL MongoDB employees
- Play a primary role in deploying and maintaining core IT services in a secure, controlled environment
- Be a leading voice for software development best practices within IT, provide mentorship and code reviews for junior employees
- Work with teams across MongoDB, to understand their IT development needs, providing novel technical solutions that maximize their effectiveness and optimize their daily workflows
- Collaborate with TechOps leadership, as well as internal stakeholders to drive well-integrated, easy to follow IT processes and a superior customer experience
The Software Engineer will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities:
- Maintain an accelerated personal growth path:
- In 3 months you’ll be fully up to speed on the services and technologies we deploy and maintain, having the ability to independently make significant contributions to our existing codebase and infrastructure
- Within 6 months you’ll be actively developing novel solutions to inefficient processes and problems around the company
- By 12 months you’ll be thinking largely in terms of efficiency and have the skills necessary to execute on your ideas. You’ll have used your deep knowledge of our services to promote best practices and procedures across the org. You will also be a subject matter expert in at least one system we own, and will have made a number of sizable contributions to our code base / services that significantly improve the quality, reliability and maintainability of our systems
- Customer Service: Provide an unparalleled customer experience by offering top-notch escalation support, collaborating with our docs team to create easy to follow self service resources, and workflow automations for our colleagues
- Communication: Successfully communicate team challenges and support solutions internally and externally, while having the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Research: Collect and analyze feedback from both our internal customers as well as our systems to better understand our clients needs and inform automation/optimization efforts
Do you know, Why MongoDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career?
- Top NoSQL database in the world
- Largest Ecosystem and the fastest growing database in the world
- Close to 35,000 customers in more than 100 countries and over 175+ million downloads
- 9-figure revenue company, with very high double-digit growth rates
- Be a part of the company that’s reinventing the database, focused on innovation and speed
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is engineering focused
- Work with talented people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
Life at MongoDB
Our India office culture
- 400+ people, with teams in Sales, Engineering, HR, Finance, IT & Marketing
- Regular group outings and opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- Employee affinity groups
- Competitive salary and equity!
- Comprehensive Health cover, dental cover, travel insurance & Life Insurance
- Free lunch thrice per week and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy and sweet treats in the office.
- 26 weeks of Maternity & 20 Paternity leave to spend time with new arrivals
We are looking to speak to candidates who are based in Gurugram for our hybrid working model.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
"MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer."