LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform for the safe and effective use of data. Our platform powers people-based customer experiences that improve the relevance of marketing and allow consumers to connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving fascinating technical problems and enabling our customers’ success—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, compassionate people to help us blaze a trail.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
About this role
As a Data Scientist you will be responsible for supporting the design, development and delivery of measurement solutions that enable customers to derive actionable insights from LiveRamp’s suite of products. This role is dynamic and diverse, requiring you to be innovative yet logical in applying statistical methods and analytical solutions. You will support LiveRamp customers and senior members of the team by generating campaign analysis, building attribution models, and creating custom reports and queries that utilize large volumes of data from a variety of sources including digital media, television and first-party CRM. You will leverage your technical and analytical skills to deliver thoughtful insights that inform client business decisions.
To be successful as a Data Scientist on the Measurement and Insights Team, you should be comfortable using technical tools, eager to dive into technical and analytical detail, familiar with statistical concepts, and creative in developing measurement solutions.
- Become an expert in LiveRamp products and be able to anticipate customer needs and suggest appropriate solutions
- Collaborate with clients and the rest of the Global Services team to understand client business goals, define an approach, and deliver results
- Work closely with our largest clients across multiple products to deliver custom analyses and white glove service
- Apply an analytical approach to problem solving, troubleshooting, and understanding client needs
- Drive customer discovery sessions to gain a deep understanding of client requirements and leverage platform to deliver results
- Prepare compelling analytical presentations and effectively communicate statistical and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Identify measurement challenges and develop practical recommendations to solve business problems
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other team members where necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or other quantitative discipline
- 5-7 years of work experience in an analytical role in a professional services environment such as advertising, marketing, or consulting preferred
- 5+ years of marketing analytics experience with designing experiments, measuring campaigns and identifying opportunities for optimization and improvement or comparable experience using data and analytics
- Critical thinking – capable of generating consistently accurate, useful reports as well as enthusiasm for translating data into actionable insight relevant to marketing program objectives
- Strong quantitative and research skills with proven ability to demonstrate data interpretation capabilities in terms of reporting and dashboards
- Attention to detail and time management delivering high quality, client-ready work for multiple projects across several client engagements while meeting deadlines
- Ability to articulate strategic marketing implications of campaign performance results for business audiences with clarity and persuasiveness
- Hands-on fluency in performing data and statistical analysis using SQL, Python, BigQuery, R, Tableau, and/or others with minimal supervision
- Proficient in integrating multiple data sources (1st-party, 3rd-party, media activity) and utilizing creative analytical approaches to answer client audience insight or campaign performance questions
- Practical experience with statistical modeling, marketing test design, and audience segmentation
- Comfortable with and has experience working in ambiguous environments while working in a consultative manner with customers
- Exceptional EQ
- Action-oriented and independent with hands-on experience delivering business results
- Willingness and desire to learn and adopt new skills - both technical and non-technical - in order to craft and deliver the best solutions
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, paid holidays, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, long term care, accident and critical illness insurance, pre-tax accounts (health, dependent and commuter), and a family forming benefit through Carrot. Plus Milk Stork, backup child and elder care, and discount on pet insurance, mental health support (via Talkspace)
- FlexPerks reimbursement program to provide flexibility and choice ($375/quarter) for fitness, emotional, financial, family, travel and entertainment, convenience and security expenses. (U.S. LiveRampers)
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead. Also Employee Stock Purchase Plan - 15% discount off purchase price of LiveRamp stock (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we prove you with equipment and tools to be your most productive self, no matter where you're located
- Location: work in any of our LiveRamp offices (SF, NYC, etc) or Remote
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across nine countries and four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.