The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Individuals in the Customer Success Manager role have a passion for technology and the ambition to dive head-first into new challenges. This is a relatively new role at MongoDB, so we are looking for someone who can thrive with a high level of ambiguity and operate autonomously while maintaining a customer centric approach and helping to build the program. In this role you will also become a main point of contact for MongoDB end users by leveraging your technical and account management skills as well as acting as the account team leader across Sales, Professional Services, Solutions Architects, etc.
This role can be based out of our Austin office or remotely in the North America region.
Our ideal candidate will have
- 3+ years experience working in a Customer Success, Account Management, Client Services or other similarly customer-centric role
- A background and passion for advocating on behalf of your customers - this role should act as an extension of our customers team within MongoDB
- A mind for technology - we’ll teach you about MongoDB and databases, but our customers and product are inherently technical and you should have an aptitude and curiosity to learn about those concepts
- The ability to act with a high level of autonomy, you will be expected to take full ownership of your customer portfolio and make key decisions to drive effective customer outcomes; including deciding when to include our executive team or c-suite in customer escalations, how to de-risk or de-escalate customer issues and conflict and advocating to internal teams including sales, professional services, etc.
- An entrepreneurial mindset - this is a new team at MongoDB where you will be required to both deviate from established procedure and often build entirely new process or practices to ensure we best serve this customer segment
- Team player and passion for collaboration - this role will work with some of our most strategic growth customers so must align closely to Sales, Professional Services, Tech Services, and the broader MDB ecosystem
- Prior exposure to database, cloud, and infrastructure technology is a plus
On a given day in this role you will
- Work as a strategic advisor to your customer providing them with guidance on MongoDB best practices and their overall technology strategy; this could include running enablement sessions alone or with another internal MongoDB team members, advising the customer on strategies to optimize their technical environment or current spend with MongoDB, positioning and recommending product features and best practices to accelerate customers time to value and growth
- Collect feedback and identify roadblocks from customers to inform internal teams including Product, Professional Services, and Leadership on how MongoDB can build a stronger product and go to market organization
- Act as the link between our customers and product engineering to develop new innovative solutions. You will be key in building the future roadmap of our product by acting as the Product team’s eyes and ears in this field
- De-escalate and resolve critical customer issues and complaints by finding the best possible solution for both the customer and MongoDB; this could include anything from navigating a customer outage that has a financial impact on their business, to helping an application team devise a custom MongoDB solution or implementation for their critical application, no day is the same
- Build and execute account plans to mitigate risk and drive growth 3+ quarters out across your portfolio
- Lead in-person executive business reviews for strategic customers in your portfolio, including interfacing with C-suite executives and other technical leaders to align to business objectives and agree to a mutual success plan
- Work on strategic internal projects to help build the Customer Success program; our expectation is that anyone in this role has strong business acumen and the ability to create and teach best practices, new process, and enablement to the broader organization
- Document all customer interactions in internal systems, including Gainsight and Salesforce.com
- Provide feedback and guidance to leadership on key signals within MongoDB Atlas that indicate healthy or unhealthy customer accounts; as our product evolves, we’ll need to be constantly adjusting our engagement strategies based on these signals, which you’ll be in the best position to identify and share back with internal teams
- Manage the relationship with Sales Leadership and Account Executives in your territory, including reporting on business performance, training on best practices, and rolling out program updates to ensure sales people and leaders are abreast of best practices for interacting with Customer Success
- Forecast expected churn and growth to your senior leadership team
- Help interview, onboard and ramp new team members - as a more senior team member you will have an immediate role in who joins the team
- Act as a leader amongst your peers, running enablement sessions, product certifications and being vocal in team meetings to ensure those around you grow
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.