Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Senior Operations Manager will work closely with the Director of the Hosting Scaled Operations and Sr Manager of Learning and Quality to set-up, manage, and scale operational programs across a variety of workstreams. The Scaled Operations team supports the entire business whenever there is a need for human powered work or human-in-the-loop systems.
- Provide operational management support to the Hosting Scaled Operations team and key initiatives.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless management and execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time and within scope.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical and operational feasibility.
- Manage and augment our capabilities around collecting and using data and insights, and ensure that it guides in process improvements and fast decision making.
- Help design and implement actionable feedback loops with which we can encourage and enable continuous improvement.
- Partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders including customer support, design, research, product, engineering and data science teams to optimize our operations for the highest quality possible.
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques. Drive alignment on course corrections when needed, and communicate progress to stakeholders; immediately escalate unknown blockers/risks to leadership
- 7+ years of experience with operational program and/or project management
- 3+ years working on programs at scale (hundreds of thousands to millions of users) for a technology company
- MBA desired
- SQL and Excel experience required. Excellent analytical abilities; able to dig into complex processes and data to help inform decisions
- Highly agile mindset; ability to stay organized and excel in fast-paced, rapidly changing environments.
- Proven ability to manage and guide human powered operational initiatives, leading to greater process efficiency, transparency and organizational leverage.
- Deep understanding of metrics, as well as information architecture, data types, data structures and associated use of metadata.
- Effective at implementation of organization-wide programs and initiatives through collaboration across functions, geographies, and organization levels.
- Proven ability to manage through influence, create buy in, and work across a global, matrix function.
- You're not afraid to roll your sleeves up when needed.
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced & changing environment.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with data labeling and/or content review.
The starting base pay for this role is between $118,000 and $150,500. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.