The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Cloud API eXperience team is part of MongoDB Cloud Services, a diverse group of individuals who develops the capabilities to run MongoDB globally (see MongoDB Atlas). Our software and services allow users to deploy fault-tolerant, scalable, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in minutes.
APIx team’s mission is to craft delightful experiences for developers of all levels onboarding and working with MongoDB. As part of the team, you will propose, design, build and support product features and cloud services on projects such as the Atlas Administrative API, the open-source MongoDB Atlas CLI, Ops Manager and Cloud Manager.
We are looking for passionate, intrinsically-motivated software engineers who consistently work to grow their skills and want to take their careers to the next level. No prior experience with MongoDB technologies is required! During interviews, you will meet most of our team and have the opportunity to ask questions about working at MongoDB. We pride ourselves on our team's culture and on being an inclusive and collaborative group that Builds Together.
You are a phenomenal fit for this role if
- You love programming and technology! You enjoy working with others to achieve a common goal.
- You are passionate about building and shipping quality software!
- You're flexible. You're willing to tackle a wide variety of responsibilities, learning as you go. You think conceptually and design sophisticated modular systems.
- You're a self-starter. You're comfortable coordinating your own time, prioritising, and acting on multiple tasks concurrently without manager oversight.
- You have good knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (Data structures and Algorithms) and Object Orientation concepts.
- You resonate well with our team’s core engineering values: Context, Predictability, Transparency, Focus and Craftsmanship.
Responsibilities in this role include:
- Propose, design, build and support product features and cloud services on projects such as the Atlas Administrative API, the open-source MongoDB Atlas CLI, Ops Manager and Cloud Manager.
- Incrementally ship elements of sophisticated projects.
- Assist with investigating and solving problems experienced by our customers. Our team has a Level 2 support rotation for certain features only during business hours.
- Apply our core values to your planning, designing, and coding work.
What is in it for you?
- Generous compensation package (top-range salary, equity, comprehensive benefits)
- Flexible working options (not a strict 9-6 role, focus on results, not the appearance of work)
- A high level of independence in your day-to-day work. Propose innovative solutions to existing problems and own the delivery from start to finish.
- Opportunities to learn on the job (time and support to upskill in new technologies and learn new programming languages, as well as an allowance for educational material)
- You'll be joining a good-humoured encouraging team that deeply cares about its culture and wants to combine work and fun!
- Upon joining, you will have the opportunity to learn everything there is to know about MongoDB via specialised training on the MongoDB University platform and highly supportive colleagues.
You should apply if you meet one or more of the following criteria.
- You have some experience building multi-threaded, asynchronous, distributed systems.
- You have worked directly with production systems.
- You have experience working on, or with, a remote team (Cloud Services Engineers are split between multiple locations and timezones)
- You are familiar with cloud infrastructure platforms and concepts (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
Not convinced yet?
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
Here's a summary of our ethos and benefits:
- A gender-neutral approach is the best way to promote gender equality, which MongoDB feels strongly about! Our parental leave policy gives both mothers and fathers 20+ weeks of paid leave, enabling new parents to share caregiving responsibilities.
- MongoDB also helps our employees transition into parenthood with the help of CLEO, a fully personalised and customisable session plan spanning pregnancy through baby's first year.
- Employees also have access to quality fertility care, adoption, and surrogacy assistance tailored to their family planning and preservation needs.
- MongoDB will contribute 5% of your base salary into a group personal pension scheme.
- To give our best at work and live a well-balanced life, we all need to take time off for rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation! In MongoDB Ireland, you are entitled to 27 days’ vacation per year (aka “annual leave”). In addition, MongoDB observes 10 Irish holidays.
- As an employee of MongoDB, you will have access to several affinity groups supporting our larger commitment to a diverse and inclusive community. Our affinity groups include the Under-represented People of Color (TUPOC), Queeries, Under-represented Genders in Tech (UGT), MDBWomen + Allies, Veterans, and the Green Team. These groups provide a safe space for employees to create, ideate, mentor, and connect through a common interest or identity.
- Access to Private Medical Insurance, Vision, and Dental Insurance for you and your dependents, at no cost. This benefit includes Online Doctor, access to Swiftcare clinics, maternity/fertility benefits, second opinion pediatric service, 24/7 Nurseline, Visioncare, overseas cover.
- Life Insurance and Income Protection, giving you and your dependents peace of mind in the unlikely occurrence of an adverse life event
- Access to an Employee Stock Purchase Program, allowing you to participate in the growth of MongoDB by purchasing company stock at a discounted rate.
- Access to a complimentary subscription to Headspace, which provides hundreds of themed meditation sessions on everything from sleep to focus to reducing stress.
- 24-hour access to an Employee Assistance Program offering confidential guidance on any life matters from family support, mental health, legal assistance, fitness resources, and more.
- Accrue significant tax savings on your public transportation benefits via Taxsaver.
- Make use of the Bike to Work Scheme, a government initiative offering tax-free bikes for cycling to work.
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.