Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Airbnb Community Support Platform teams build world-class tools for our team of Community Support ambassadors around the world, to ensure our guests and hosts have a great experience on Airbnb, 24/7, and 365 days a year.
Airbnb has a huge global operational staff that must scale with our user base. Our job as engineers is as challenging as it is exciting: We own the entire tech stack responsible for their success.
Some example projects we have shipped:
- a new real-time messaging channel for contacting Community Support
- an advanced ticket routing system to match user issues against available agent skills
- WebRTC to deliver in-app calling capabilities for our hosts and guests
- Self solve and mediation related resolutions for guests and hosts
- Aircover - Top to bottom, comprehensive protection for our hosts
Our product feedback loop is immediate which means we can rapidly iterate and deploy. If you enjoy building full stack applications from the ground up, leveraging the newest technologies to delight users, and executing like an entrepreneur, then you’ve found the right place.
As a Community Support engineering manager at Airbnb, you will:
- Build a new diverse and healthy team of engineers for Community Support in our India development center, and coach them to do the best work of their lives
- Work closely with product managers and peers to vet new strategic directions, define product strategy and build powerful and realistic roadmaps for the team, evolving as needed
- Instill a culture of engineering excellence and resolve conflict to build, test, and deploy maintainable code in a distributed Service-Oriented Architecture
- Work with community support engineering community to adopt and improve engineering excellence and best practices for seamless execution
- Ensures technical quality and investment in improving technical health of the systems owned
- Owns the technical roadmap and ultimately accountable for tracking and reporting on the technical quality of the work
- Help establish strong processes and seamless execution for India development team to become integral part of Community Support engineering organization
- Establish strong partnership with the business stakeholders and users in ACC (community support acceptance testing and process optimization business capability division in India)
We value Engineering Managers who have:
- 4+ years of hands-on technical management experience
- 8+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2 + Yrs of experience in People Management
- Exceptional ability to manage teams that design and operate complex systems.
- Technical strong with knowledge / experience of architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications and/or service-oriented architecture.
- Great problem solving skills and ability to review code and guide teams in troubleshooting technical issues.
- Ability to deliver tough feedback with directness and empathy, willingness to seek feedback with an open mind, and demonstrated experience of continuous learning and growth
- Champion of engineering culture - Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices
- Worked successfully with cross-functional partners including Product, Data Science, and Design in setting product strategy and delivering it
- Proven track record in delivering with collaboration with engineering teams across multiple regions and time zones, preferably North America and India
- Proven track record in partnering with recruiting teams to build incredible engineering teams
- Bonus: Track record in building a strong engineering team from the ground up
- Bonus: Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering