Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Shape Airbnb's next generation storage architecture.
The UDS team builds the foundational storage layer. We aim to deliver a reliable, scalable, and global system-of-record storage infrastructure for Airbnb's core entities built around an expressive, easy to use, and unified schema.
You will have a unique opportunity to design, develop, and operate services that power Airbnb. You'll work on critical projects to help define the future of storage, and how we architect and operate critical services at scale.
As an experienced technical contributor, you will bring your unique skill set, experiences, thought leadership and technical expertise to solve broad technical challenges and dive into Airbnb's critical infrastructure projects. You'll work on shaping Airbnb's storage architecture and investing in long-term solutions that will serve the company effectively for the next decade.
Some examples of our current work:
- Unified Data Store that aims to deliver a reliable, scalable, and global system-of-record storage infrastructure for Airbnb's core entities
- Transactional data ingestion pipeline from online storage to offline data infrastructure using Change Data Capture
- Consistent schema to unify online and offline worlds using a schema definition language
- Next generation distributed transactional storage systems supporting data locality, compliance and multi-region
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment
- Hands-on experience and expertise in building and operating distributed storage / database systems
- The knack for writing clean, readable, testable, maintainable code
- The ability to decompose large-scale distributed systems and figure out failure scenarios and debug them in an efficient manner
- Great collaboration and communication skills with customer-first mindset
Engineers that aspire to:
- Lead projects related to data storage and transformation from design through development.
- Exemplify technical excellence in collaborative planning, implementation, and review of code.
- Drive technical discussions regarding application architecture in support of high quality and maintainability of complex systems.
- Empathize with and improve the lives of customers and your peers.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more…