Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Doma is looking for an exceptional Data Science leader to take our existing model training and deployment, business intelligence, and automated document processing practices to the next level. You will be leading a team of 3+ exceptional data scientists in building cutting edge document processing and automation models, using the latest and greatest in natural language processing and computer vision, and will be reporting to a Senior Data Science Manager. This role requires expert management skills, ability to communicate effectively with VP+ stakeholders, as well as passion for hands-on development when special projects and mentorship of your team call for it.
You’re fired up to:
- Lead a collaborative team in training, testing, and productionizing data science and ML models.
- Find and brainstorm innovative new methods to combine computer vision and natural language processing in search of improved automated document processing approaches.
- Continually find ways to improve our team’s best practices, in order to accelerate our team’s technical productivity.
- Own data science product implementation, from code to customer feedback.
- Become a domain expert in title insurance and real estate and inform document processing efforts across the company as it pertains to real estate.
- Oversee an extremely talented team of data scientists, and challenge and support them to achieve their highest potential.
You definitely have:
- 3+ years’ experience working in data science or machine learning, chiefly in the Python programming language.
- 1+ years’ experience managing data scientists and delivering production ML models.
- 1+ years’ experience planning and scoping data science and machine learning projects
- Enough hands-on Python experience to pair program with your team and review code.
- Strong familiarity with machine learning concepts, particularly the validation and testing of ML models.
- Expertise in training and implementing custom neural network architectures.
- Experience with software engineering practices like version control, testing, code reviews, etc.
You might even have:
- Previous experience with dashboarding via the likes of Tableau/Looker/etc., possibly having built out a model reporting dashboard.
- Hands-on experience researching the customer requirements of an ML model, or a suite of ML models.
- Expertise in natural language processing and data extraction from unstructured documents and PDFs.
- Designed and built custom tools to accelerate internal model development and deployment.
- Implemented custom neural network architectures in production.
- Lead key platform or framework migrations.
- Mentored team members into successfully growing their careers and learning new skills.
- Publication and/or patenting experience.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.