Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for team performance and development. You are accountable for maintaining and improving key performance indicators for your team and function. You are also responsible for acting in a contributing role for cross-functional process, product, system, tool or policy development initiatives.
What you’ll do
- People Management
- Hire and develop great team members, including leaders and foster team cohesion, strong team engagement (upward performance review feedback, action planning as a result of survey(s))
- Support the career path and growth for all team members; coaching and guidance when needed, holding regular career conversations
- Hold team members accountable to expectations and performance manage direct reports
- Functional Strategy
- Build on Integrity Operations Priorities to adapt for your function or region
- Own operational planning and strategy to work towards Operational Excellence
- Set targets for your specialization
- Accountable for all operational KPIs (some may be shared with other teams)
- Operations Management
- Strong awareness of operational health and the multiple layers of your function; operate levers needed to maintain Service Level Agreements
- Support your Operations Manager and teams when attacks, spikes, and/or backlogs impact operational metrics
- Attend Partner WBRs/MBRs/QBRs/ABRs as needed
- Escalate issues as needed, e.g. significant impacts to operations, roadmap or planning delays, conflicts with other teams/leaders
- Issue, frequency/trigger, format, audience (Product vs. Community Support)
- MBR, QBR, ABR Reporting
- Cascading information to your leaders and teams as required
- Serve as a thought leader in your operation in order to partner with your Product Manager(s) and influence your functional roadmap
- Understand how the product roadmap impacts operations and provide feedback and guidance to PMs for any negative impact to operations
- Single owner for: losses for your function, travel + entertainment for your team, morale budget for your team, Partner costs, and cost per solve
What you need to succeed
- Trained in and able to comprehend key metrics derived from internal databases, such as Superset and Tableau
- Ability to work with multiple dashboards and utilize the data to inform decision making, capacity planning, agent metrics and performance, and maintain balanced work levels across all work types within your Specialization
- Understanding and experience using SQL and excel
- Strong written interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to analyze complex data sets to identify patterns or trends
- You may have 10-12+ years of experience in the Operations job family as a subject matter expert (SME), plus relevant education (often post-graduate).
- Experience in the Trust and Safety, Fraud Operations is preferred.
- Deep experience leading and managing teams, managing other people managers. Experience managing team(s) in e-commerce is a plus.
- Highly strategic in thinking, and be able to share their perspective and influence at all levels.
- Be a role model of the core values to your colleagues and team in how you do your job each day.