LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The Data Stewardship team is a nimble team of developers building products and services to empower users to control their data across the internet. We work closely with other teams at LiveRamp to ensure consumer preferences are honored. We aim to help our clients build trust with their users and stay up-to-date with the ever-evolving global privacy landscape.
- Lead a team of highly talented and collaborative engineers - 50% of your time will be spent managing your team and the other 50% of your time will be spent doing hands on development.
- Lead engineering projects through the entire software development life cycle in partnership with team members (engineering, product, data ethics).
- Work across teams to ensure consumer requests are respected across the entire suite of LiveRamp products.
- Design systems by translating legal guidance from the Data Ethics team based on interpretations of current and active legislation as well as anticipate and prepare for future laws.
- Build accessible and intuitive user interfaces.
- Architect new systems and design APIs.
- Build new features for internal and external users.
- Champion engineering best practices and standards.
Your team will:
- Build products that enable LiveRamp and LiveRamp’s Clients to honor consumer privacy and data access choices across the ecosystem.
- Use modern technologies such as: golang, typescript / react, terraform, docker / kubernetes, GCP.
- Work closely with LiveRamp’s data-ethics and legal team to ensure our products continue to meet privacy regulations.
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience and 1+ years of experience leading engineering teams OR large engineering projects.
- Have strong leadership skills, with a proven ability to deliver on projects as the technical lead.
- Have a passion and track record for leading teams to deliver scalable services, APIs, and infrastructures.
- Enjoy collaborating on a distributed agile development team.
- Lead end-to-end development and release of an application or service.
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior developers.
- Empathy for customers and teammates.
- Deeply inquisitive. Always asking why we do things and how we can do them better.
- Strong communicator. Sharing information regularly and concisely.
- Experience with Agile software development and Product Development Lifecycle.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience building systems that follow principles of Privacy by Design.
- Knowledge of privacy regulations (CCPA, GDPR, etc) and how they affect engineering systems.
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, paid holidays, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, long term care, accident and critical illness insurance, pre-tax accounts (health, dependent and commuter), and a family forming benefit through Carrot. Plus Milk Stork, backup child and elder care, and discount on pet insurance, mental health support (via Talkspace)
- FlexPerks reimbursement program to provide flexibility and choice ($375/quarter) for fitness, emotional, financial, family, travel and entertainment, convenience and security expenses. (U.S. LiveRampers)
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead. Also Employee Stock Purchase Plan - 15% discount off purchase price of LiveRamp stock (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we prove you with equipment and tools to be your most productive self, no matter where you're located.
- Location: remote
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across nine countries and four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.