Why join us
Brex Inc. (“Brex”) is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize its full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building financial services and software in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Brex Asset Management
Brex Asset Management (“BAM”), Brex’s recently launched asset manager focusing on supporting companies with venture debt and growth capital, leverages Brex’s reach within the venture fund backed startup industry and offers alternative investment opportunities to investors around the world – including institutional investors, endowments and foundations, financial institutions, and private wealth investors. BAM is a wholly owned subsidiary of Brex Inc.
What you’ll do
As an Analyst, you will work to support and enhance our fund management operations, as well as maintain workflows and financial systems within BAM. What this means in practice is that you will be involved in the day to day investment operations, liquidity and financial planning, and investor relations functions at your assigned fund(s). You will be directly responsible for the financial management and portfolio performance tracking of your assigned fund(s) and for fielding investor requests and questions. BAM is rapidly growing across multiple jurisdictions and this role will play an important part in building fund operations and contributing to Brex’s long-term growth.
- Finance Management
- Financial projections and modeling for assigned fund(s), partnerships, and BAM-wide
- Determining projections for quarterly capital calls and disbursement schedules
- Executing and managing fund liquidity, leverage, and collateral
- Investment and Portfolio management
- Drive data analysis, organization, and collection for portfolio company data, including monthly reporting collection, portfolio tracking spreadsheet, and working with data analytics team to streamline the data process
- Work closely with underwriting team with monthly reporting collection
- Portfolio company performance updates and tracking
- Monitor and track portfolio company performance
- Work to improve data analytics in relation to both portfolio companies and prospective investments
- Investor Relations
- Work closely with BAM CEO and other team members focused on investor relations to support successful fundraising and ongoing investor relations all members of the IR t
- Support the development, production, and ongoing updating of all marketing materials including pitch books, PPM, DDQ, investor conference slides, and other materials which will require coordinating with other groups across the organization
- Editing investor letters and correspondence, proofreading documents for appropriate grammar and fact checking for accuracy
- Arranging and planning of meetings and investor calls; tracking new investor leads and drafting follow up correspondence
- Managing and updating client information and investor correspondence schedule through 3rd party fund administrator
- Liaising between various internal teams and investors on investor due diligence requests
- Responding to daily investor requests and inquiries
- Other daily ad hoc investor related requests and projects
- Value-Added Services: Manage post-transaction value-added services introductions (to investors, customers, etc.) and events
- Utilize technology and outsourced solutions to enhance efficiencies and controls
- Collaborate with various investment teams and the compliance team as it relates to new investment strategies, including including investor and strategy materials for existing and new BAM strategies, and the processing/settlement of new investment structures or securities
- 2 - 4 years of private fund experience from investor relations, consulting, or an investment company
- Bachelor’s Degree; coursework in Marketing, Mathematics, Economics, Accounting, and Finance preferred
- Experience with Family Office, RIA, private investments, hedge fund and / or fund of hedge fund investing
- Knowledge of partnership accounting, closed-end fund structures (closes, capital calls, distributions), private investments fee structures (management fees, carried interest, claw-back), and private portfolio company investment transactions
- Comfortable working with large amounts of statistics and data
- Impeccable writing skills/professional email skills and excellent phone skills; literate and numeric
- Interest in finance/hedge funds and able to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Growth mindset - we’re growing our business quickly, and looking for people who want to solve problems and grow with us
- Motivated by the opportunity to identify solutions for ambiguous problems in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to disrupt the status quo and implement continuous improvements to process.
- Ability to manage multiple workflows and deliver on concurrent deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills