OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable’s software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 60,000 restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
We are seeking a passionate integrated marketer to manage cross-channel brand initiatives and help shape how OpenTable shows up in the world. You will be responsible for developing brand strategy, positioning, and outstanding campaigns working across our creative, paid media and product teams for evergreen campaign work. This is a strategic and operational role with the Consumer Marketing team. In addition to campaign work, this role will oversee social media channels and manage and mentor one direct report. The ideal candidate has a passion for the food and restaurant world as well as follows the evolution of digital marketing (Social, Display, Video, etc) and is interested in developing brand storytelling on numerous platforms.
In this role, you will:
- Lead end-to-end campaign development including identifying insights and audiences, developing strategy, briefing creation, defining messaging and channel planning
- Partner with analytics, media, and creative teams to test creative and integrated findings, ensuring that campaigns are constantly optimized and evolving
- Put in place feedback loops to ensure creative is delivering against company goals, and optimizing for short and long term impacts
- Help define evergreen brand strategy for how OpenTable shows up across different channels.
- Lead all aspects of social media strategy
- Establish ongoing influencer strategy - including crafting, tracking and measuring influencer campaigns
- Work with teams outside the US to ensure we maintain a cohesive brand identity that spans regions, countries and all consumer marketing touchpoints.
- Partner closely with Paid Media Strategist to track creative performance and insure continual creative testing and updates
- Budgeting and forecasting responsibility with accuracy, and partnering closely with finance on monthly budgets
- Operationalize activation ideas - sourcing partners and resources to bring them to life
- Partner with research lead to uncover key brand insights and action upon them in marketing
- Coordinate creative development to build compelling content to deliver on revenue and performance goals
- Co-own a shared seasonal marketing calendar (email, content, social, display, paid search, PR), planning and incorporating seasonal initiatives as well as product launches
- Translate brand strategies into brand plans and go-to-market strategies
- Monitor market trends and research competitor’s activities to find opportunities and report on marketing activities
Please apply if:
- 8+ years experience in a brand marketing, project management, or account management role for a leading agency or consumer brand
- Coordination and execution of brand marketing creative and clear understanding of creative development process
- Experience developing and representing a consumer brand voice and positioning through marketing
- Experience implementing campaigns across various channels (print, digital, social, PR, CRM)
- Vendor management experience
- Diplomatic, effective communicator
- Self-motivated, organized, enthusiastic
- Very strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple projects, comfortability moving throughout projects
- Strong writing skills - with experience writing marketing plans, briefs and social media copy
- Strong project management skills
- Proficient in Powerpoint and Excel
- Experience analyzing data to measure success of campaigns
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games
- Flexible hours
- Universal Paid Parental leave
Note for Connecticut Residents: To receive estimated salary range information for this role pursuant to Connecticut's "An Act Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for a Vacant Position", email CTCareers@kayak.com. You must include the name of the position in your request.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.