Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Data is central to Twitch's decision-making process, and data scientists are a critical component to evangelize data-driven decision-making in all of our operations. As a data scientist at Twitch, you will be on the ground floor with your team, shaping the way product performance is measured, defining what questions should be asked, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high-quality, high velocity decisions for your team.
For this role, we're looking for an experienced product data scientist who will help develop the strategy and evaluate/improve product initiatives within our Creator product team. You will be responsible to define and track KPIs, design experiments, evaluate A/B tests, implement data instrumentation, and inform on investment. You are a "full-stack" data powerhouse who uses data to drive decision-making to make the best products for our creators and their communities. Your input will be core to decision-making across all major product strategies and initiatives that our team builds. You will report to the Manager of Creator Analytics and partner with product managers, technical program managers, engineering, data scientists, and organization leadership within and outside of the Creator organization.
This position can also be located in Irvine, CA and San Francisco, CA
- Inform product strategies by defining and updating core metrics for each initiative
- Establish analytical framework for your team: ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools to surface key data to stakeholders
- Evaluate and forecast impact of product features on creators, viewers, and the entire Twitch ecosystem
- Design A/B experiments to drive product direction with iterative innovation and measurement
- Drive the team's analysis roadmap and prioritize the most valuable projects
- Tackle complex and ambiguous analytic projects, resolve ambiguity and accurately identify the trade-offs between speed and quality and apply or route work as necessary
- Dive deep into the data to understand how creator and viewer behaviors change with the evolution of our product
- Act as our team's thought leader on best practices and move towards long-term vision of sustainable and thriving data processes
- Own data collection and product instrumentation implementation and quality assurance
- Work hand-in-hand with business, product, engineering, and design to proactively influence and inform teammates' decisions throughout the product life cycle
- Distill ambiguous product or business questions, find clever ways to answer them, and to quantify the uncertainty
- 3+ years of industry experience in a mobile or consumer internet business, or in a high-velocity, high-growth product or business unit
- Bachelor's degree, or higher, in computer science, engineering, math, statistics, data analytics, operations research, or related field or equivalent data analytics experience.
- Expert fluency in SQL-based data manipulation
- Experience building aggregates and optimizing data workstreams
- At least 1 year of experience designing and assessing impact of A/B experiments in a fast-paced product development cycle, understanding advanced analysis techniques such as diff-in-diff, two-stage least square, or CUPED. You can explain them clearly to product partners unfamiliar with statistics.
- High level of comfort creating dashboards in Tableau or comparable software
- Master degree in quantitative fields
- Technical background and programming experience–especially R or Python
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art statistical methods such as structural equation modeling, GLM, time series forecasting, bayesian inference, etc. When to use them, and when not to.
- Experience building data products
- Passion about online communities, games, and Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.