Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Twitch Corporate Accounting team is an essential part of our month-end close and financial reporting processes. We are looking for a G/L Accounting Supervisor to lead the general ledger accounting team and provide oversight over cash, payroll, prepaids, inventory, and our fixed asset processes. You will work with the accounting team and important partners to ensure that our accounting data is complete and accurate. You will provide transparency through SOP documentation and use your knowledge to continually improve our accounting processes. You will report to our Senior Corp Accounting Manager.
- Manage general ledger month and quarter end close processes and activities performed by the team
- Review monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, ensuring that general ledger accounts are reconciled with documented resolution of reconciling items
- Ensure that fixed assets are properly maintained and establish clear communication with business stakeholders regarding key events (procurement and disposal)
- Coordinate with the merchandise team to build an robust and scalable inventory accounting process based on Amazon Seller Central reporting
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the team
- Be responsible for ad hoc requests by managing the intake, documentation, and execution
- Continuously improve business processes, explore new system opportunities, and maintain exceptional workpaper documentation
- Prepare ad hoc accounting memorandums as needed
- Review and perform monthly variance analysis
- Minimum 4+ years of public/private accounting experience
- An appropriate certification in accounting or auditing, including a CPA, CA or CIA
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SOX risk and controls standards and business process best practices
- Experience driving process improvements
- Can manipulate large sets of data and have excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets), and use of Tableau, Alteryx, or Quicksight is a plus
- Detailed and team orientated
- Can manage multiple project assignments simultaneously
- Experience with large ERP systems such as NetSuite, SAP, or Oracle
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.