Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Content creators are the backbone of the Twitch community. We are looking for a Senior Content Accountant to help support and scale the end-to-end deal lifecycle for our most valuable content creators. You will support content acquisition from deal ideation to payout- this includes negotiation support, drafting accounting memos, preparing cost and payout calculations, month end close activities, payment runs, and reporting. You are an in-the-details, data-loving multiplayer with an excitement to work both independently and collaboratively to solve big problems. You have a vision for and commitment to operational excellence, standardizing processes, and implementing best practices. You will report to the Senior Manager - Content Accounting and will work with the content acquisitions, content finance, legal and tax teams worldwide.
- Be a part of the team responsible for the financial integrity of content-related commitments, assets, liabilities, and expenses.
- Work with content acquisitions, legal, IT and tax in designing systems (i.e. contract lifecycle management system) affecting content licensing.
- Review, process and document contractual agreements including interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
- Lead the development of content accounting policies, transform existing processes, field policy interpretation inquiries and ensure compliance with policy.
- Ensure payments are processed by obtaining payment support, ensuring tax compliance, responding to inquiries and effectuating payouts.
- Simplify and invent new ways to use systems to improve the contract review and summarization process from ideation to execution and payout.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting accounting transformation projects to achieve scalability and efficiency across processes and workflows.
- 4+ years of accounting experience at a quickly evolving company,
- Bachelor's degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A CPA license, Big Four public accounting firm experience, and system implementation and integrations.
- A natural love of data with advanced spreadsheet skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets and perform complex functions, and comfort with large datasets).
- Experience with contract reviews (revenue, leases, or other complex documents) and are unfazed by high volumes.
- Curiosity and enthusiasm- unafraid to ask probing questions and challenge existing plans; ready to improve processes, own projects, automate manual workflows and to have fun while doing it all.
- Excitement to tackle a rapidly evolving ecosystem of issues, projects, and priorities.
- US GAAP and SOX controls expertise and ability to operationalize accounting guidance into policy
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.