OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 134 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 60,000 restaurants.
Since its inception, OpenTable has seated more than 2 billion diners via online reservations and seats more than 31 million diners each month. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout Australia, Canada, Germany, Mexico, the United Kingdom, the United States and many more locations.
The Senior Director/Director of Sales and Services operates as an integral part of the global leadership team. This position has responsibility for leading a local impactful sales team to drive OpenTable’s overall revenue growth in Australia. You will help drive the growth and development of OpenTable’s restaurant network, including the acquisition of new businesses as well as the retention of existing restaurants. As a two-sided restaurant and diner platform, this dynamic leader will own the supply-side of our business but can also manage senior partners across Marketing, Partnerships, Finance, Operations, Product and Engineering to excel in a dynamic restaurant technology space.
- Grow revenue through new sales acquisition, installation, and retention of assigned accounts.
- Design, communicate and implement strategic plans for the organisation’s continued growth and success in Australia.
- Provide leadership and vision for the Sales and Services team in the region who are located across Australia. Direct management of District Managers who lead individual teams.
- Identify, recruit, train and retain a field team to build a group of highly motivated, ambitious, and top-performing Account Executives, Account Managers, and District Managers.
- Effectively handle performance across the team to hit sales and strategic goals for the region and manage out poor performers.
- Represent OpenTable as an industry executive and also to high-value accounts as the final point of partner concern for resolution of conflicts, pricing concerns, competitive threats, and changes to market strategy.
- Provide guidance and cross-departmental coordination as the region’s leader with key department heads including Marketing, Partnerships, Finance, Operations, Product and Engineering.
- Drive strategic plan by developing goals, objectives and implementation plan. Run the regions as business units with P&L responsibility.
- Actively participate in executive decisions related to field teams by providing thoughtful analysis and input related to pricing strategies, prioritisation and delivery of corporate initiatives.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience building and leading SME sales and business development teams or running business units. Prior Sales Director experience is required.
- Proven ability to lead a team with an entrepreneurial spirit, positive demeanour, and passion for the business. Works with autonomy, needing little guidance.
- Demonstrated success as a manager and contributor in software sales, overachieving on assigned goals or critical metrics, harbouring a growth mindset.
- Must be comfortable in a highly analytical environment.
- Experience with stakeholder management in a global organisation.
- Experience includes sophisticated high-value sales to key accounts and/or National Accounts.
- Travel is estimated at 25%, mostly domestic.
- Work from "Almost" Anywhere. No minimum days are required in the office.
- Mental Health Well-being: 6 company paid therapy sessions, subscription to Headspace app, wellbeing speaker series and resources.
- 1 floating day off per year to celebrate your birthday or another occasion of your choice!
- Additional company sponsored holidays twice a year.
- Monthly catered office events.
- Learning and Development opportunities.
- Inclusive Paid Parental leave.
- Employee Resource Groups.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We seek to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes. OpenTable is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for our roles. Whoever you are, just be you!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform job responsibilities, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.