Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Legal at Brex
The Legal and Compliance team helps the company grow responsibly, advocating for Brex and for the thousands of growing businesses we serve. We provide strategic advice and guidance to all Brex teams, protect Brex, advise on risk, and represent the company externally, negotiating with partners and interacting with regulators. Reimagining the financial system in a highly regulated environment requires creativity and resourcefulness, and we welcome the challenge.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Senior Director, Associate General Counsel, Platform Risk, this role is responsible for creating and implementing legal operations strategies and programs to aid in the development and success of the Legal team and each member of it.
- Manage the outside counsel and legal vendor management lifecycle, including engagement, retention, billing, performance measurement, and adherence to legal vendor guidelines and requirements.
- Develop, implement, and manage technology solutions and platforms to support the Legal function, including contract, records, matter, and knowledge management, legal vendor billing, eDiscovery, workflow automation, and other tools and systems.
- Identify and implement process enhancements and lower cost solutions to drive greater efficiency in the Legal team’s work.
- Drive Legal team performance and accountability by developing, tracking, monitoring, and reporting team operational goals and results.
- Oversee budgeting and forecasting for the Legal team, working closely with Brex’s Finance Team.
- Process subpoenas and other information requests for which the Legal team is responsible.
- Manage eDiscovery-related tools and processes.
- Establish, implement, and maintain Legal team operating policies and procedures.
- Promote Legal and Compliance team development and culture through planning and organizing team offsites, meetings, and training or educational opportunities and identifying ways to recognize team wins and accomplishments.
- Manage new hire onboarding process, materials, and associated training.
- 5+ years of experience working in a legal operations function in an in-house legal department, leadership experience in the space is a plus.
- Outside counsel and legal vendor management experience.
- Experience managing and maintaining electronic legal billing, contract management, matter management, and eDiscovery tools and systems. Specific experience with Simple Legal, Ironclad, Salesforce, Jira, Google Suite, and/or Google Vault is a plus.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously and with a high degree of autonomy and keep track of and meet applicable deadlines.
- Creative, problem-solving mindset with the ability to navigate a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Team player who can manage and collaborate with others effectively to drive meaningful results.