OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable’s software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 60,000 restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
The Account Executive is responsible for bringing new restaurants onto the OpenTable dining network through a consultative sales approach within a field /revenue pod. Acting as a business leader, they will handle and own their book of business/territory, run business meetings with restaurant owners and operators, and close deals based on varying needs.
In this role, you will:
- Target, identify, and sell OpenTable products to restaurants within an assigned territory
- Cultivate and build upon existing relationships with top and best-in-class restaurants to serve as a trusted advisor to your market’s client base
- Drive revenue by connecting with restaurateurs and building opportunities that will make all parties more successful
- Present customized in-person and online demos of OpenTable products
- Educate operators about trends in the industry and offer rare insight
- Challenge customers to think different about their business
- Develop and complete a strategic plan for the territory and build reliable forecasts
- Strategically overcome objections and competition
- Generate business plans to define your selling strategies and tactics
- Consistently over achieve monthly and quarterly acquisition and revenue targets
- Use your customers’ experience to continually evolve the sales process and our product
- Provide and present customer feedback to the Product and Marketing teams
- Use Salesforce to own your territory, stay organized, forecast sales activity, and process contracts
- Understand and adapt to ongoing product and technology developments
Please apply if:
- High-reaching, tenacious and results driven
- Self-motivated and able to perform well under pressure and against bold goals and deadlines
- Skilled at presenting new points of view to customers that reframe and challenge the way they view their business
- Track economic and industry drivers and understand implications on the restaurant business, including identifying new business opportunities
- Knowledgeable about restaurants and is able to demonstrate this to talk about customer issues from multiple dimensions
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Extraordinary ability to drive business value during sales engagements
- Highly analytical with the ability to assess business opportunities and read prospective buyers
- Aptitude for gathering and using data to inform decision-making and persuade others
- Capable of developing compelling strategies that deliver results
- Strong negotiating skills
- Restaurant management and/or sales experience is highly preferred
- Attention to detail in administrative responsibilities. Expect 20-35% admin
- Experience with various computer technologies and software and adaptability to new ones
- Capacity to grasp and learn complex concepts quickly and independently
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.