At Expel, we believe if we take care of our employees, they will take care of our customers, and the rest will work itself out. It’s as simple as that. We have built a great place to work where the culture is truly transparent, people love what they do, and work gets appreciated. Now we’re scaling a sales culture that is also transparent and customer focused. A place where our customers rave about their sales team. Where they speak of trust, openness, respect and honesty. We want our customers to not only love our product but feel good about how they get treated during every interaction with us.
That’s where you come in. Do you think of them as "your" customers? You bet you do - you care about their problems, you cure their ills, when you change jobs they’ll meet with you. Maybe they need your thing, maybe they don’t, but they trust you and you'll get 30 minutes to see if there’s a fit. Because of that relationship, your customer introduces you to new people. Relationships like that form over years, and it happens because that’s the only way you’ll do business.
You ask questions to understand problems and you enjoy being a true partner to tackle them. You’re a thoughtful sherpa, a calm voice in the night on a rocky trail, working with your customer to stay away from the steep drops. Your customers walk with you because they know you only sell products you believe in, products you stand behind, aspirin for the headache they actually have. We know that no matter how good a product is, someone has to guide the sales process – and you excel at this.
You haven’t sold just any enterprise product, you’ve sold information security products. It’s a tangled, messy market with confusing, overlapping messages and frequently unclear value propositions. “Market-leading, best-of-breed, next-gen Threat-tron 9000 with a live pew-pew map finds the badness, omg be afraid!” That's all fear-selling nonsense, and that is not how you do business.
Did you nod your head a few times while reading this? If so, we'd love to hear from you. You're our kind of seller.
What Expel can do for you
- We provide an opportunity to solve real business security problems with a Sales Done Right attitude
- We let you tap into a market space ripe for success with our offerings
- We connect you with companies who truly want to get better at information security and are eager to have conversations that matter, and go beyond the sale of a service
- We offer you people and a company who want to deliver an outstanding solution, and to reach the right customers we need to be phenomenal at sales. We're all in it together.
- We'll give you experience in a startup environment with a team who truly cares about doing meaningful work.
- We provide a simple compensation plan that pays you well for closing deals and includes a strong accelerator when you overachieve.
What you can do for Expel
- Act as a change agent and educator-you’re not just a salesperson.
- Understand what Expel does and how it maps to your customers' business problems.
- Introduce Expel to the customers who believe in you and tell them what we do. Find where we fit and bring them onboard so we can help them together.
- Talk to new prospective customers. Begin to build your personal relationship with them as you tell them about Expel. If Expel fits, change them from prospects into customers.
- Tell us what you learn as you explore the market. Help us understand where Expel fits, what we are missing, and how can we be better, and ultimately, get to “yes” before “no”.
- Seamlessly run the full sales cycle with a high degree of technical fluency
What you should bring with you
- A real passion for Sales Done Right - meaning consultative, customer-focused and based in transparency, honesty and integrity.
- A deep understanding of information security -- technologies, products and services; direct experience with managed security is even more helpful.
- Resiliency-you have a keen sense of where you’re going and what you can accomplish here, setbacks or challenges don’t disrupt your momentum.
- Experience working in a fast-growing, “scale up” environment.
- Empathy for your clients and their challenges.
- Lots of creativity, passion and problem solving towards helping customers.
- An ability to talk to both business and technical buyers about what you’re selling - you don’t have to be an engineer, but you do need to understand what you sell.
- A Bachelor’s degree or a compelling story.
- 6+ years of professional experience, with at least 3 in enterprise information security sales.
We're looking to hire in the Florida.