Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Amazon IVS is building the future of interactive entertainment. Every part of the work we do is with the goal of making Amazon IVS even more efficient and responsive.
We are growing our infrastructure worldwide and are looking for someone that can help build the Amazon IVS Network in the APAC region. As a Technical Business Developer, you will work behind the scenes to secure infrastructure for IVS's future. You will combine your deep market knowledge with the latest technology to find solutions that support IVS's growth.
The IVS Global Infrastructure Planning & Acquisition team is directly involved and responsible for the strategy, acquisition, implementation, and management of business relationships with strategic vendors and partners to expand IVS's footprint across the world. This includes finding solutions to IVS's ongoing needs for data center capacity; work with network carriers to obtain capacity for expansion and growth of IVS's global backbone; and meet the operational sourcing requirements for new services.
This role is suited for someone looking to work with multinational companies on a global scale, who is excited by growth and is willing to improve or establish new processes where there is none. You will report to the Senior Manager of Network Acquisitions.
This position is available for Singapore.
- Develop the network infrastructure strategy including datacenter space and power, and transport services across the globe
- Establish colocation and backbone strategies for approval by internal customers and partners and provide regular progress updates on approved network plans.
- Lead our colocation sourcing efforts to ensure resiliency, diversity and quality uptime of our network services portfolio.
- Work with capacity planners and engineers to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective network topology is delivered
- Develop strategic long-term relationships with datacenter and network operators for efficient and scalable delivery of IVS content to users
- Follow subsea investments and be able to collaborate towards a cost efficiency model within our Global Backbone.
- Identify, negotiate and close contracts covering colocation and transport services (lit waves and metro dark fiber assets)
- Track, report using dashboard and metrics
- Manage capacity planning and evolution of data center and backbone network
- Manage/create new processes/documentation with our teams
- 5+ years of Internet infrastructure work including technical and commercial knowledge of internet providers, telecommunications providers, internet exchange points, datacenter providers
- Experiences with contractual/MSA negotiations
- Professional experience working with domestic and global carrier networks.
- Solid relationship with C level Data Center and Backbone Providers.
- Project Management experience - prioritization, planning, and task delegation
- Understanding of technical business development aspects including: Infrastructure, market pricing, capacity availability and colocation providers
- Strategic negotiations and business development professional experience obtaining services from high-technology providers in data centre and Internet technologies
- Commercial acumen demonstrated in previous experiences.
- Experience working with senior executives and other management within a company and working across commercial, technical, domestic, and international arms of an organization.
- Bachelor's degree or related work experience
- Professional experience in datacenter environment working with routers and switches
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Medical Insurance
- Health Screenings
- Life Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.