OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable’s software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 60,000 restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and increase revenue.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will join a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and Hotels Combined. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
As a Restaurant Relations Manager, you will ensure accurate territory management, while staying in tune with local market conditions. You are innovative in overcoming customer obstacles, providing constructive perspectives to challenge current thinking, internally and externally, in order to achieve goals. With a positive, encouraging demeanour you are resilient under pressure and are regularly sought after for your insight, input, and collaboration for larger company initiatives.
Reporting to the Restaurant Relations Supervisor, this position is responsible for leading customer retention and revenue growth within the local district. Bonus points if you love restaurants!
Meet and exceed assigned Restaurant Relations goals on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Goals are centred around:
- Work closely with customers to increase product and feature adoption, improve their online availability and ultimately grow their business through our partnership.
- Ability to become a trusted adviser to our customers while encouraging customer fidelity and preventing 'churn'.
- Maintain an experienced level of understanding of all products and services that OpenTable offers.
- Share and implement standard methodologies with members of the sales and restaurant relations team.
- 30-50% travel is expected depending on the local market.
- Take the initiative to build resources to share and up-skill restaurant relations across the company.
- Driven to identify the best strategy for any scenario or reporting situation.
- Stay current with organisational changes, initiatives, and vision.
- Maintain communication and a sense of camaraderie with teammates.
Experience and Skills:
- Tertiary level qualification.
- Proven customer relations, restaurant management and/or sales experience strongly preferred.
- Eagerness to learn and use data analytics, as the cornerstone of your decision-making and conversations.
- Excellent understanding and response to the changing selling environment.
- Self-motivated and able to perform well against ambitious goals.
- Consistent strong decision-making ability, with a proven record of successful sales execution and pipeline management.
- Detailed knowledge of consultative selling process, ability to demonstrate complete control of the process with prospects in the field, and ability to train other employees on the process.
- Proficiency in English and local market language.
- Strong PC skills and overall technically savvy, proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Work from "Almost" Anywhere. No minimum days are required in the office.
- Mental Health Well-being: 6 company paid therapy sessions, subscription to Headspace app, wellbeing speaker series and resources.
- 1 floating day off per year to celebrate your birthday or another occasion of your choice!
- Additional company sponsored holidays twice a year.
- Monthly catered office events.
- Learning and Development opportunities and Employee Resource Groups.
- Inclusive Paid Parental leave.
- Access to top chefs and participation in restaurant events.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes. OpenTable is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for our roles. Whoever you are, just be you!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform job responsibilities, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.