Transform the communications world! Location? You decide!
We’re proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS).
Our Birds choose where they work from in the region we’re hiring in — this could be from one of our MessageBird hubs (Amsterdam, Singapore or Bogota) or remotely so long as it’s within a complementary timezone.... Want to work from a rural retreat? Sure, no problem! How about a bustling city getaway for a few weeks? Go ahead!
We understand that “life happens” and give you the freedom to choose the best environment for you to “get s**t done”. We expand our flock without geographical restrictions. This allows us to attract and assemble an industry leading team from a huge variety of backgrounds & cultures, making us more nimble, creative, and efficient!
Compensation & Benefits Specialist | Remotely from EMEA
MessageBird is rapidly growing across the world, fueled by our growing customer base and our shift to a “Work Anywhere” company. As our Compensation & Benefits specialist you will be tasked with overseeing MessageBird’s Compensation & Benefit processes, tools and systems. With our ever expanding global reach the need for balancing one global benefit standard versus local needs & requirements is growing. As our Compensation & Benefits specialist you will fully own this function and make sure MessageBird offers the right benefits, for the right people.
What you’ll do
- Oversees all Compensation & Benefits processes, tools and systems (Employee Stock Option Plans, Sequoia, health benefits etc.) to optimize efficiency, accuracy and talent optimization
- Together with leadership help shape the strategy, design, and development of our Total Rewards programs — from all things compensation (including base salary, equity-based programs, variable pay, bonuses, promotions), benefits, and recognition programs that support our diverse global team.
- Ensures the benefits processes are followed and mutations are passed onto payroll correctly
- Continuously pulse-check and benchmark activities across all areas of Total Rewards to create the best understanding of our competitiveness around the world.
- Collects and leverage real-time (not annual) data from direct competitors and best-in-class companies to ensure we're competitive, plus able to attract and retain best-in-class talent
- Stays on top of market trends to identify opportunities and gaps to elevate attractiveness / competitiveness
- Gives recommendations to attract and retain Hi-Flyers
- Provide guidance, develop solutions (e.g., manager training for compensation conversations), and broadcast educational pieces and programs around Total Rewards.
- Drive analytical rigor and deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing programs.
- Collaborate with our wider People team, Legal, Finance and other key stakeholders as well as 3rd party vendors.
What you’ll bring
- 4+ years progressive experience in People Operations and Compensation + Benefits;
- Exposure to building and successfully executing compensation & total rewards strategies for hyper-growth technology companies
- Experience working in a high-tech, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment requiring strong multi-tasking and prioritization abilities. You have the agility to function well in an innovative environment and flat organization.
- Deep analytical skills with the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations; financial prowess and ability to build and manage budgets, models, etc. Proven ability to track, prioritize and drive to success multiple concurrent projects with a strong operational background
- Hands-on personality who enjoys jumping in between the operational and tactical/strategic level
- Able to partner with deeply technical as well as operational, business-minded leaders on C&B topics.
What You’ll Gain
- Work from anywhere
- Generous stock options for all Birds
- WFH set-up budget
- State-of-the-art work gear
- Learn from hundreds of the best minds in the business
- Collaborate with diverse colleagues from over 55 countries (and counting)
Life at MessageBird:
We work fast, grow fast, build fast and focus on impact. We’re go-getters, industry leaders and roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people.
Ready To Fly?
Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 25,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, we operate across 10 international hubs and we’re proud to be a “Work Anywhere” company. Our unique and united culture is rooted in our team: a diverse flock of over 700 Birds who represent 55 nationalities and counting. We’re smart, fast, and hungry. Our potential for growth is limitless. You can learn more about our story and life as a Bird via #messagebird.
MessageBird is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Recruitment Privacy Statement: https://messagebird.com/download/pdf/MB-recruitment-privacy-notice%202020.pdf