Ramp is building the world's first finance automation platform designed to save businesses time and money. Ramp offers 5-in-1 software that consolidates corporate cards, expense management, bill payments, accounting, and reporting into one simple and free solution. More than 3,000 businesses are using Ramp to process billions in annualized transaction volume. Customers include some of the fastest growing startups and unicorns like Ro, DoNotPay, ClickUp, and Applied Intuition, as well as established businesses across the US such as Bristol Hospice, Walther Farms, Douglas Elliman, and Planned Parenthood.
Founded in 2019, Ramp is NYC's fastest growing startup, having achieved a unicorn valuation of $3.9 billion in just over 2 years. Ramp has raised $620 million in funding from investors including Founders Fund, Stripe, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. Ramp is part of the Forbes Fintech 50 and Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators program.
About the Role
You will be a front-line manager to a group of 5-8 Customer Success Managers who will each manage a book of 20 to 40 new/ramping customers. You will be responsible for 1:1 coaching and mentoring, whilst driving the strategy of a new team. If you enjoy building teams from scratch (involved with the strategy and scaling) at a fast-growing company this role is for you. Your role will be very cross functional - working with leaders across Account Management, Sales, Marketing, Ops, Risk, Product, and leadership.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a group of 5-8 Customer Success Managers and provide daily 1:1 mentoring and coaching
- Oversee the daily activities and performance management of individual CSMs to ensure key performance metrics are met
- Partner with Ops to create and polish existing metrics that evaluate the individual and team’s performance
- Partner with Account Management leadership to streamline CSM/AM workflows, drive activation strategize for key accounts, and triage at-risk accounts
- Build dashboards (in Salesforce / and other tools) to monitor the success of our customers and the performance of the team
- Hire and quickly ramp new CSMs with training, including Ramp product knowledge, buyer personas, competition, tools training, and plenty of role-plays
- Contribute to the strategy of the team - you will be expected to create strategy around new processes/ideas
- Represent the CSM team cross-functionally with leaders of other departments
- Establish a library of playbook resources for the CSM team
- Maintain a high-performance CSM Team culture and morale (work hard, play hard, rest hard)
- Review and maintain metrics to ensure accurate management reports
- Develop and execute career development and leadership
- 3+ years of experience building and leading high-performing customer success, implementation or account management teams with a proven track record of success
- 5+ years of customer success or account management experience as an individual contributor
- A history of consistently over achieving against metrics and KPIs
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills demonstrated through superior communication and presentation skills
- Positive attitude with a focus on having a growth mindset
- Excitement for recruiting and a thoughtful approach to team planning and development
- Strong ability to articulate contractual, technical, and financial value points to customers, including executive leaders
- A strong track record of negotiating, structuring and executing complex sales agreements
- Proven ability driving process improvements by leveraging strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient in data-analytics tools like Salesforce and Excel
- You are known for your tremendous work ethic, service leadership, and commitment.
Nice to Have
- Financial services or Fintech experience is a heavy plus.
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- 401k (including employer match)
- Parental Leave
- Unlimited PTO
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Annual education reimbursement
- Relocation support