Ramp is building the world's first finance automation platform designed to save businesses time and money. Ramp offers 5-in-1 software that consolidates corporate cards, expense management, bill payments, accounting, and reporting into one simple and free solution. More than 2,000 businesses are using Ramp for over $1 billion in annualized transaction volume. Customers include some of the fastest growing startups and unicorns like Ro, DoNotPay, Better, ClickUp, and Applied Intuition, as well as established businesses across the US such as Bristol Hospice, Walther Farms, Douglas Elliman, and Planned Parenthood.
Founded in 2019 Ramp is NYC's fastest growing startup, having achieved a unicorn valuation of $3.9 billion in just over 2 years. Ramp has raised $620 million in funding from investors including Founders Fund, Stripe, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. Ramp is part of the Forbes Fintech 50 and Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators program.
About the Role
You will be a front-line manager to a group of Account Executives who will be hunting, pitching, and closing new business for Ramp. You will be responsible for 1:1 coaching and mentoring, whilst driving the strategy of a new team. If you enjoy building teams from scratch (involved with the strategy and scaling) at a fast-growing company this role is for you. Your role will be very cross functional - working with Account Management, Sales Development, Marketing, Ops, Risk, Product, and leadership.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a group of Account Executives and provide daily 1:1 mentoring and coaching
- Contribute to the strategy of the team - you will be expected to create strategy around new processes/ideas
- Represent the AE team cross-functionally with leaders of other departments
- Oversee the daily activities and quota performance management of individual AMs to ensure key performance metrics are met
- Maintain a high-performance team culture and morale (work hard, play hard, rest hard)
- Hire and quickly ramp new AE's with training, including Ramp product knowledge, buyer personas, competition, tools training, and plenty of role-plays
- Establish a library of playbook resources for the AE team
- Review and maintain metrics to ensure accurate management reports
- Partner with Ops to create and polish existing metrics that evaluate the individual and team’s performance
- Build dashboards (in Salesforce / and other tools) to monitor the success of our customers and the performance of the team
- Develop and execute career development and leadership
- Building and executing on pipeline with new clients and partners to run the end-to-end sales process
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 3 years of experience building and leading high-performing sales teams with a proven track record of success
- Minimum 5 years of quota carrying sales experience as an individual contributor
- A history of consistently performing above quota in a sales environment
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills demonstrated through superior communication and presentation skills
- Positive attitude with a focus on having a growth mindset
- Salesforce power user, and familiarity with email and call automation platforms
- Excitement for recruiting and a thoughtful approach to team planning and development
- Strong ability to articulate contractual, technical, and financial value points to customers, including executive leaders
- Experience working cross-functionally to build successful top of the funnel activities to drive more pipeline for AEs
- Proven ability driving process improvements by leveraging strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- You are known for your tremendous work ethic, service leadership, and commitment.
Nice to Have
- Financial services or fintech experience
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- 401k (including employer match)
- Parental Leave
- Unlimited PTO
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Annual education reimbursement
- Relocation support