Have you streamed a program on Disney+, caught the latest binge-worthy series on Hulu, or tuned in for NFL highlights on social media? If the answer is yes, you have already benefitted from Conviva’s technology.
At Conviva, we create the technologies and standards driving industry transformation and streaming growth worldwide. It’s not about the data, it’s about what you do with it. As the leader in census, continuous measurement and engagement for streaming, Conviva measures in excess of 500 million unique viewers watching 200 billion streams per year with 3 trillion real-time transactions per day across more than 180 countries. Our platform is designed to deliver the insights our customers need to understand their business and focus on what matters. Join us as we make streaming better.
We’re looking for a Payroll and Stock Accountant to join our team. We’re a fast-paced startup, so if rolling up your sleeves, multitasking, and staying on top of multiple projects concurrently is what you look forward to in your work, we want to talk to you.
What You Get to Do:
• Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll timely and accurately for U.S. employees through Paylocity and review monthly international payroll prepared by the local accounting team.
• Ensure employee 401(k), HSA, and FSA deductions are correct at each pay period.
• Monitor timecard submission and approval process for hourly employees.
• Work closely with HR to obtain and track payroll data including salary adjustments, special payments, new hire additions, terminations, and healthcare payroll contributions
• Reconcile payroll related GLs including pto, bonus, prepaid, accrued expenses, payroll liabilities, and employee benefits during the month-end process.
• Process and submit quarterly employee stock option grants on Carta.
• Process stock exercises and calculate related tax withholding for payroll reporting.
• Partner with accounts payable to review and approve vendor bills in NetSuite and employee expense reports in Expensify.
• Maintain solid understanding of all federal and state payroll tax laws related to wages, garnishments, benefits, leave of absence, 401(k), HAS, FSA, relocation benefits, etc.
• Handle and resolve tax notices/inquiries as needed.
• Assist with tax and unemployment registrations for new states.
• Verify quarter and year-end payroll tax filings with Paylocity.
• Prepare Form-1099 tax filings.
• Assist with annual audit requests from external auditors related to areas of responsibility.
• Perform ad-hoc projects, as needed.
What You Bring to the Role:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 2+ years of GL/Payroll/Stock accounting experience.
• Strong knowledge of payroll practices and tax and wage laws.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with Paylocity and NetSuite is preferred but not required.
• Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments.
• Ability to learn quickly.
• Strong computer skills, including advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Strong oral & written communication skills a must.
Conviva is the leader in streaming media intelligence, powered by its real-time platform. More than 250 industry leaders and brands – including CBS, CCTV, Cirque Du Soleil, DAZN, Disney+, HBO, Hulu, Sky, Sling TV, TED, Univision, and WarnerMedia – rely on Conviva to maximize their consumer engagement, deliver the quality experiences viewers expect and drive revenue growth. With a global footprint of more than 500 million unique viewers watching 150 billion streams per year across 3 billion applications streaming on devices, Conviva offers streaming providers unmatched scale for continuous video measurement, intelligence and benchmarking across every stream, every screen, every second. Conviva is privately held and headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices around the world. For more information, please visit us at www.conviva.com.