Gatsby is looking for an SDR to lead the sales development function and grow Gatsby’s sales pipeline
You may know Gatsby, a wildly popular open-source project that has over 50k GitHub stars and a thriving community of more than 3,000 contributors. Beyond open source, we’re also a newly commercializing business, one that helps professional developers build blazing-fast apps and websites without needing to become a performance expert.
As a remote-first, community-focused team, Gatsby’s core values include:
- Prioritize the customer
- Expect excellence, have empathy
- Take ownership
- Grow through inclusivity
- Collaborate by default
Details of the role
- Type of Work: Full-time
- Location: Remote (US time zones only)
- Salary: Just ask! It’s dependent on location, but you can expect $75,000+ for your on-target earnings.
Why we’re hiring
Gatsby has a rich community of open source customers, and is rolling out new products to supercharge the Gatsby experience. We’re seeing increased interest in our product offerings and are looking for someone to engage, qualify, and schedule meetings with Gatsby prospects for our sales team.
- Be the first point of contact and create a best in class experience for interested Gatsby prospects
- Schedule qualified meetings for the sales team
- Help create and iterate our messaging to best resonate with our audience
- Create and execute targeted outbound campaigns to generate interest and opportunities with prospective Gatsby customers
- Collaborate with the sales team to continuously improve our process and improve our conversion rates
- Manage and close smaller business “velocity” opportunities
- Previous sales experience at a SaaS company (or relevant training)
- Clear, succinct communicator (both written and verbal)
- Must be able to innovate and adapt in an early stage and rapidly growing company
- Eager to learn and grow into an incredible sales professional
- Experience at a SaaS company that caters to developers
The best parts of this job
- Our team is small and growing, which means there are continuous career growth opportunities. For example, the person currently in this role will become an AE!
- Be one of the founding members of the SDR team and help define the SDR function here at Gatsby
- Work with an incredibly talented yet humble group of people at Gatsby
The worst parts of this job
- We’re a startup, so some of our processes continue to evolve. You’ll need to adapt to all the twists and turns that come your way.
- Gatsby has thousands of leads and open source users. Narrowing your focus and deciding who and what to prioritize will be key to succeeding in the role.
Benefits and perks
- Unlimited vacation policy, with a minimum of 15 days paid vacation time
- Amazing health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family (US only)
- 3 months of paid parental leave covering both adoption and foster placement
- Stock options in a fast-growing startup
- We’re remote first, so skip the commute
- Set up costs for a home office OR co-working/private office reimbursement
- New laptop of your choice
- Wifi and cell phone reimbursement
Equal opportunity statement
Gatsby is an equal opportunity employer and we acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We commit ourselves to creating and maintaining an environment that respects diverse heritages and experiences, and seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Gatsby does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Gatsby.