Have you streamed a program on Disney+, caught the latest binge-worthy series on Hulu, or tuned in for NFL highlights on social media? If the answer is yes, you have already benefitted from Conviva’s technology.
At Conviva, we create the technologies and standards driving industry transformation and streaming growth worldwide. It’s not about the data, it’s about what you do with it. As the leader in census, continuous measurement and engagement for streaming, Conviva measures in excess of 500 million unique viewers watching 200 billion streams per year with 3 trillion real-time transactions per day across more than 180 countries. Our platform is designed to deliver the insights our customers need to understand their business and focus on what matters. Join us as we make streaming better.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to contribute to product documentation for our customers and Pulse applications. The primary goal is to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall expansion of our products and device ecosystem. You will work collaboratively with other writers, software developers, integration engineers, product managers and the field team to create product documentation that is technically accurate, effective, intuitive and consistent. Your primary focus will be working with XML/HTML editors to generate content for online help and web product pages. You must possess a unique blend of excellent writing and communication skills, technical background in SaaS applications, attention to detail and drive to execute successfully under tight deadlines.
What you get to do:
- Create, edit, and maintain content files for Pulse applications, including configuration procedures, technical use cases, quick guides, release notes, etc.
- Design customer documentation flows for our data analytics products, including release messaging, feature walkthroughs, and new feature content.
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to define content deliverables and target user groups.
- Distill complex technical information into clear and concise documentation appropriate for its intended audience.
- Learn and work with single-sourcing and data analytics tools to create digital product experiences that delight users.
- Contribute to monthly newsletters.
- Contribute to building Conviva's library of video tutorials and other learning tools.
What you bring to the role:
- Proven experience in technical documentation of SaaS applications, including documentation design and online help.
- Ability to understand target audiences and meet their needs.
- Overall 6+years of expereince in technical writing.
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation, under tight schedules with proper attention to detail.
- A thirst for knowledge with the ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and translate them into clear and concise documentation. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Be able to forge relationships and work collaboratively with developers, fellow writers, product managers, QA engineers and Support engineers to develop documentation.
- Excellent writing and English grammar skills.
- Familiarity with SaaS applications and concepts, along with knowledge of video streaming.
- 3-5 years of experience with online help tools, such as MadCap Flare or RoboHelp, and content management tools.
- Familiarity with the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Proven delivery of quality documentation under deadline pressure.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Energy and fun!
Conviva is the leader in streaming media intelligence, powered by its real-time platform. More than 250 industry leaders and brands – including CBS, CCTV, Cirque Du Soleil, DAZN, Disney+, HBO, Hulu, Sky, Sling TV, TED, Univision, and WarnerMedia – rely on Conviva to maximize their consumer engagement, deliver the quality experiences viewers expect and drive revenue growth. With a global footprint of more than 500 million unique viewers watching 150 billion streams per year across 3 billion applications streaming on devices, Conviva offers streaming providers unmatched scale for continuous video measurement, intelligence and benchmarking across every stream, every screen, every second. Conviva is privately held and headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices around the world. For more information, please visit us at www.conviva.com.