Have you streamed a program on Disney+, caught the latest binge-worthy series on Hulu, or tuned in for NFL highlights on social media? If the answer is yes, you have already benefitted from Conviva’s technology.
At Conviva, we create the technologies and standards driving industry transformation and streaming growth worldwide. It’s not about the data, it’s about what you do with it. As the leader in census, continuous measurement and engagement for streaming, Conviva measures in excess of 500 million unique viewers watching 200 billion streams per year with 3 trillion real-time transactions per day across more than 180 countries. Our platform is designed to deliver the insights our customers need to understand their business and focus on what matters. Join us as we make streaming better.
What you get to do:
- The primary role of a SSE(Platform QE) is to get involved in initiatives for Quality Assurance , Understand and execute the day-to-day test activities and perform testing utilising processes, methods, metrics and software that ensure the quality, reliability, scalability, systems safety. performance and automation.
- Formulate test strategy through Decomposing the business and technical requirements into test case scenarios.
- Defining test data requirements and preparing sample test data.
- Involve in test case development and automating them. Write high quality automated test suites using Cucumber(BDD), Java/Python automation tools.
- Working in a CI-CD mode of operations using Jenkins or circle-ci.
- Performance test to identify the bottlenecks. Use utilities like JMeter /Hadoop performance monitoring tool to capture performance metrics like job completion time, throughput, Load Average, CPU and memory utilisations etc.
- Perform data pipeline and ETL testing using kafka messaging layer to ensure the data quality.
- Ensure scalability: Test the Big-Data platform components effectively to ensure the scalability without compromising on performance by using smart test data samples.
- Perform system Integration testing with upstream and downstream sub systems.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process.
- Coordinate Release trains and deployment activities.
What you bring to the role:
- Overall 4-8 years of experience as a Senior SDET in Big-Data platform engineering and automation development.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Familiar with infrastructure environments in cloud like AWS,GCP.
- Basic knowledge of Container management using Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Hands on skills in operating UNIX/LINUX based operating system command line.
- Exposure to Big-Data service platform is a must.
- Good to have exposure to data bricks notebook or python Jupyter notebook for data Analysis.
- Able to communicate effectively with fellow developers about quality related needs.
- Extensive experience Test Automating back-end application using Java/Python.
- Integrating Test Cases to the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins/Circle-ci.
- Experience in software source control systems such as GIT is a must.
- Expert knowledge of QA concepts and methodology and industry-standard testing and bug tracking tools Test Rail, Jira etc.
- Experience in any of the following will be beneficial: Data Analytics, Cloud-based deployment and SaaS, Cloud App Testing.
- Nice to have skills: Good at SQL Experience.
Conviva is the leader in streaming media intelligence, powered by its real-time platform. More than 250 industry leaders and brands – including CBS, CCTV, Cirque Du Soleil, DAZN, Disney+, HBO, Hulu, Sky, Sling TV, TED, Univision, and WarnerMedia – rely on Conviva to maximize their consumer engagement, deliver the quality experiences viewers expect and drive revenue growth. With a global footprint of more than 500 million unique viewers watching 150 billion streams per year across 3 billion applications streaming on devices, Conviva offers streaming providers unmatched scale for continuous video measurement, intelligence and benchmarking across every stream, every screen, every second. Conviva is privately held and headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices around the world. For more information, please visit us at www.conviva.com.