As a Partner Relations Manager at Vanta, you will elevate our approach to our auditor partnerships, yielding informed, happy, and enthusiastic audit partners for Vanta.
Our audit partners are critical to Vanta’s business as we continue to scale our product and customer base. Our Partner Relations Managers help iterate and streamline our partner management processes, effectively manage our group of audit partners, and educate our partners on Vanta’s technical product. We’re looking for an experienced relationship manager who will also develop processes that scale, to establish trust and engagement between our audit partners and Vanta, and yield a strong foundation for continued partner growth.
- Empathetically manage a portfolio of audit partners with a consultative approach, being the go-to for them on all things Vanta.
- Become an expert on Vanta’s auditor use-case, so you can articulately educate our partners on the intricacies of a technical product.
- Share actionable, useful, and organized product feedback between our audit partners, Vanta’s engineering and product organization, and our customer-facing teams.
- Develop and document scalable practices, resources, and processes for audit partners.
- Drive new business opportunities for Vanta, through strategically developing our referral programs for audit partners.
- Provide any product and operational support needed for our partners to be successful in working through audits with Vanta customers.
- Have several years in a relationship-management (post-sales) role, with a track record of successful partner (or customer) relationships. You deeply understand (and care for!) your partners (or customers) and have built the trust needed for challenging conversations.
- Have experience building processes from the ground up, with a mind for ‘what’s needed first’ and ‘what’s needed to scale’.
- Be confident in leading important financial conversations, such as how to increase business opportunities from partners and highlighting their return on investment.
- Be capable of learning and articulating a technical product to a technical audience.
- Be exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and experienced in leveraging tools to drive your workflow, such as Salesforce.
- Be capable of (and excited by!) collaborating with external and internal stakeholders - including technical teams.
Benefits & Perks:
- Industry-competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work hours and location
- Remote workspace stipend
- Open paid-time off policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Virtual team building activities, lunch and learns, and other company events
For when we’re back in office:
- Generous monthly stipend for Bay Area commute
- New office in sunny Hayes Valley, San Francisco
- Full kitchen with snacks and drinks supply